delicious salad recipes that aren't lettuce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delicious salad recipes that aren't lettuce

Looking to boost my cold dishes before the really hot weather starts. I've recently discovered a great recipe using orzo with tons of veggies, feta and boiled egg slices. This has inspired me to want more cold dishes like this that I can make a lot of and then enjoy for a couple of days without heating up the kitchen while still eating lots of veg. Any other ideas and combinations?

I absolutely love adding raw brussel sprouts to my salads like that. Even slices of your favorite pickles - whether they're dill pickles or pickled beets - can completely change the entire flavor of a great salad.

Comment

I like this one: cucumber slices, halved cherry tomatoes, chickpeas (rinsed from a can), sliced fresh basil, baby spinach, green onions, toasted pine nuts and feta cheese with a balsamic vinnaigrette.

Comment

Originally posted by TinaDancer View Post
        I like this one: cucumber slices, halved cherry tomatoes, chickpeas (rinsed from a can), sliced fresh basil, baby spinach, green onions, toasted pine nuts and feta cheese with a balsamic vinnaigrette.
        I do almost the same, only I never added pine nuts to the salad. I will try, thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X