chickpeas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chickpeas

Chickpeas are my new thing right now. Has anyone else discovered how nutritious they are? I've found a chana masala recipe I love, but they're also good thrown into pretty much any stew or ragout.

I went through a chickpea phase last year, roasting them in the oven for snacks, then it kind of faded out. They're really good if you put them on salad too, to make it more filling and substantial.

Comment

mash them, add an egg and some of your favorite herbs and spices and fry them in a pan as patties. So good!

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
        mash them, add an egg and some of your favorite herbs and spices and fry them in a pan as patties. So good!
        Mashing them with a bit of olive oil (just a little) also makes a great alternative to mayo that comes with a ton of fiber and nutrients.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
          I just did this for dinner last night after seeing your post. Mashed up some canned chickpeas, added an egg, mustard, fresh parsley, garlic. Fried them in a pan in olive oil. Came out toasty and delicious.

Comment

These are good ideas. I'm absolutely going to buy chickpeas today now!

Comment

I can't believe chana masala hasn't been mentioned yet. If you haven't tried it, you know what you're making for dinner!

Comment

Working...
              X