Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indian Cuisine - are there any good weight loss recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Cuisine - are there any good weight loss recipes?

I've really started taking a liking to Indian food and I was wondering if anyone knows some good recipes that are not super high in fat or calories. Thanks!

I love indian food. I really like chicken Tikka! Its a dish that has chicken breast. Garlic .Ginger. Tumeric. Chilli powder. Coriander. Lemon juice & yoghurt. U marinate the chicken 4 a few hours with the ingredients & then you let it set overnight in the fridge & then you cook it when u r ready 2 eat it. Serve it with some fresh salad greens & sliced red onion. Its good 4 ur weight & ur health & its super yummy!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
      I love indian food. I really like chicken Tikka! Its a dish that has chicken breast. Garlic .Ginger. Tumeric. Chilli powder. Coriander. Lemon juice & yoghurt. U marinate the chicken 4 a few hours with the ingredients & then you let it set overnight in the fridge & then you cook it when u r ready 2 eat it. Serve it with some fresh salad greens & sliced red onion. Its good 4 ur weight & ur health & its super yummy!
      That sounds like a great recipe, BabyButtons. Imagine how good it would taste if you'd grown your own salad greens! Indian cooking and Italian cooking are two of the best types of cuisine to work with when you're using your own herbs and greens from your garden. They're filled to the brim with nutrients and are great for keeping weight loss down.

I also enjoy that there are a lot of vegetarian recipes in Indian cooking. This helps to keep calories minimized because in many meals, it's the meat that causes the calories to skyrocket.

Two recipes I like from Indian cuisine are kale chips (I think there's already a recipe on this forum so i won't repeat it here) and sweet Lassi. That's a drink that tastes amazing all year long. I find it important when eating spicy dishes because I'm only just getting used to hot foods and this helps to cut right through it. It's also very healthy.

Yogurt - 1 cup
      Cold Water - 1 cup
      Sugar - as needed
      Rose water - 1 tsp
      Cardomon Powder - a pinch

Blend them all together in a blender or with a hand mixer (or even in one of those self-blending shake cups) and then just serve it with a sprig of mint. Delicious with hot Indian dishes.

Comment

Aaloo Mutter – potatoes and peas – is SO good. If you have a good ethnic section in your grocery store, you’ll be able to find pouches of it that just need to be heated up

Comment

envitoTodd is right, there are a lot of great vegetarian dishes in Indian cooking. It is probably my favourite cuisine. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to reduce the amount of meat they are eating and are looking for meat alternatives that do not skimp out on the flavour. I really like Paneer Makhani

Comment

I've never tried Indian Cuisine. Is it easy to make? Are the foods you need expensive to buy?

Comment

Mmm, envirotodd ur right it would taste soooo good! & ur recipe looks very good 2. I know what we would have 4 dinner if u were 2 come over. I think we would have the best dinners. We like so many of the same things. Do us consider urself a chef?

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post
                I've never tried Indian Cuisine. Is it easy to make? Are the foods you need expensive to buy?
                Ya, a lot of the recipes are easy to make and the foods aren't expensive. The only thing I'd caution is that if you are new to Indian cuisine and you have a sensitive nose, some of the spices used in the cooking process have quite the powerful smell. They aren't necessarily a bad smell, but just like making tacos or Chinese stirfry, expect your kitchen to smell like these spices for a while. Personally, I burn a scented candle to help dilute the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
                  Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post
                  Ya, a lot of the recipes are easy to make and the foods aren't expensive. The only thing I'd caution is that if you are new to Indian cuisine and you have a sensitive nose, some of the spices used in the cooking process have quite the powerful smell. They aren't necessarily a bad smell, but just like making tacos or Chinese stirfry, expect your kitchen to smell like these spices for a while. Personally, I burn a scented candle to help dilute the smell.
                  I actually love the smell except that it makes me continually hungry haha!

Comment

Thanks for all the recipe ideas. I know what I'll be trying this week

Comment

Working...
                    X