Tasty Romaine and Orange Salad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tasty Romaine and Orange Salad

Since everyone seemed to like my last salad recipe, I thought I’d might share another one with y’all…it’s not as low in fat, but it’s still ultra healthy and very good! This one is called Romaine and Orange Salad. Here’s what you need to know J

Ingredients:

6 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
    1 cup of rinsed kidney beans
    1 cup sliced radishes
    1 sliced scallion
    1 segmented orange
    ¼ cup of low fat feta cheese (crumbled)
    ¼ cup of orange-oregano dressing (or an orange dressing of your choice)

Instructions:

Put together all of the ingredients (including the dressing) in a large bowl. Toss the salad to coat it with the dressing. And you’re done! That’s all there is to it. Very, very easy!! (this recipe makes about 2 servings)

Nutritional Info (per serving):

237 cal
    37g carbs
    619g sodium
    12 g protein
    5 g fat
    14 g fiber
    8 mg cholesterol

Remember that the nutrition facts vary depending on the ingredients you use!

Hmmm....this looks interesting. I really like oranges. I think I might give it a go. I might omit the beans though, not really a fan of those

Comment

hmmm can't say this one looks too appealing for me. I like the ones with meat. Got another one of those?

Comment

Looks good. Thanks JennyR. I was looking for a good salad to serve my guests I've got coming over the weekend. The orange salad will be nice, especially since the weather here is really getting warm!

Comment

Looks like a pretty tasty salad....know what it's miss though? Bacon lol!

Comment

haha Tony1968! You could add bacon, but that would certainly kill a lot of the nutritional benefits, not unless you perhaps crumbled a single piece of turkey bacon over it.

Speeddemon...another meat one huh? I'll see what I can come up with. I'm going to try a new salad tonight and if I like it, I'll post another recipe later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post
              Looks like a pretty tasty salad....know what it's miss though? Bacon lol!
              LOL that is what most diet foods and salads are missing. I can tell by your avatar that you'd agree

Comment

I did serve the salad and it tasted great. Really like this recipe! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X