Low cal protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low cal protein

Hey there nutrition fans! I’m looking for a food that is high in healthy protein so that I will feel full after a meal and get the protein that I need, but that isn’t high in calories. Does this food exist? Everywhere that I see a product that says “high in protein” I find that it is also very high in calories on its nutrition label.

Eggs are pretty good. Especially egg whites. You can buy them in cartons if you don't want to have to keep separating egg whites from yolks and throwing the yolks out. it works out to be cheaper if that's all you'll be using.

Comment

Edamame is a good one. It's low in calories and high in protein and it's cholesterol-free.

Comment

I think beans (like green beans) are high in protein but are low in calories. I would recommend that if you can, stick to fruits or veggies whenever possible. Lots of foods that are high in protein but come from animals typically are high in calories.

Comment

Beans are high in protein? What kind of beans? All beans?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post
            Beans are high in protein? What kind of beans? All beans?

Most beans are high in protein, from string beans to kidney beans. They are really good for you!

Comment

Canned tuna! If you get the low sodium kind packed in water, you can eat the whole can for less than 200 calories! You can even flavor it with green relish and it only adds something like 15 calories a tablespoon (something like that).

Comment

Working...
              X