Mint recipe ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint recipe ideas

Hi. I did a really stupid thing this year and planted mint in my garden....and it's taken over everything. I'm drowning in mint! Be that as it may, I don't just want to cut it down and throw away the leaves, it seems like such a waste. Does anyone know some recipes that are good for mint or different ways it can be used? I already use it to make tea, but any other suggestions would be great, thanks!

I like adding it to salads. I even will just chew on a leave to settle my stomach or even to improve the taste in my mouth if I've eaten something that's rather stinky hahaha. You could make a mint jelly out of it, which some people like with lamb dishes. There are lots of ways to use it.

Comment

Add it to drinks, soda, alcohol, water, juice, etc. I find the mint provides a nice little flavour that makes a drink taste smoother.

Comment

One of the best way I like using mint is to chew it after I eat a meal. I find it helps to settle my stomach and it prevents me from eating more than I actually need. It's better than chewing on gum and it doesn't taste bad.

Comment

If you're really having a hard time going through it, try giving some of it to friends or family. I always find that works LOL

Comment

Mint is really great to brighten up dishes. Add it to meals that have lamb, because that's a great traditional combination. Just remember that mint doesn't taste like mint gum. That's something else. Make a fruit salad that contains watermelon and a few other things (not citrus) and toss in some cut up mint leaves and you'll love it. no really!

Comment

Is it just regular mint, Lady Greenfairy, or is it peppermint or another one of those specialty kinds? It will make a difference to the recipes you try. You could always dry it out so you can use it all year long.

Comment

You can flavor other teas with mint. For example, if you have green tea, you can make it with mint leaves in it. Mint green tea is really good! You can also put a little sprig of it on fruit flavored ice cream or sherbet or sorbet. It freshens it up regardless of whether or not you actually eat it!

Comment

Thanks everyone! Those are all great ideas. I think I'll definitely try some of them out, give some to friends and dry out whatever I don't use. I'd just like to make the most of it before the frost comes and kills everything. It always seems like such a terrible waste when edible plants are wasted.

Comment

Working...
                  X