Healthy dessert for the holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy dessert for the holidays

Does anyone have any low-fat and somewhat nutritious dessert ideas for the holidays? I know everyone else in my family will be making cookies and cakes and things. I'd like to add something to the mix that isn't filled to the brim with salt, sugar and fat.

You can't go wrong with a bowl of tropical fruits! It's not necesarily cheap at this time of year, but some of it actually is, which is quite shocking. If you mix a bowl of fresh berries and fruits with some chopped up fresh mint leaves, it's like magic. You'll be shocked at how many people gravitate to it since it's still sweet, but it's healthy, light, and wet. After all the baked things that are heavy and dry, a little bit of fruit is fantastic.

Comment

Try serving half a banana with vanilla yogurt and a sprinkling of nuts (any kind of tree nut) or granola.

Comment

How about baked apples in the oven with a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Greenfairy View Post
          How about baked apples in the oven with a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar.
          YOu don't even need to sprinkle sugar on. If you just sprinkle cinnamon on an apple that is sweet enough to begin with, then that's all you'll need and you'll save yourself a bajillion calories.

Comment

Thanks! Those are all great ideas. I think I'll go with the mixture of tropical fruits and the banana/yogurt/nuts idea.

Comment

Working...
            X