Herbs and spices for flavor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herbs and spices for flavor

I'm really trying to cut down on salt. Can anyone recommend spices or herbs that are really good for adding flavour to food. I don't mind a little kick to my food, but I don't like it so hot that the spice is all I can taste. Thanks!

My personal favorites that I find add a lot of flavor include black and white pepper, fresh parsley, and chilli powder. Lots of herbs make food tasty, especially when you add fresh ones. I find dry herbs lack power. Also, usually a little goes a long way. I added cilantro to food once and used WAY too much and it was all I could taste. It was terrible.

Comment

Add basil to anything with tomato in it that you want to have a lighter and fresher taste. For something more savory (like tomato sauce) go with oregano with tomato.

Comment

I love jalapenos! I find just a touch of hot peppers gives foods the right amount of kick and you only need to use the tiniest amount, which is great.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. I'm not sure I want to take the jalapeno route, but the basil and pepper options I think are worth exploring for me. I didn't even know there was white pepper lol. Guess you learn something new everyday!

Comment

Working...
          X