sweet treats with low calories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweet treats with low calories

In the winter, my sweet tooth is worse than ever so i thought I’d share something I learned about sweet treats and ask for other ideas, too.

One jelly bean contains 4 calories. So if you REALLY need to eat some candy, a small handful of them won’t hurt your diet too badly. Plus they don’t have any fat in them

Anyone else know a sweet idea like that one?

Awesome tip! I'm going out to buy jelly beans now

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
      Awesome tip! I'm going out to buy jelly beans now

Me too - LOL

Another good one is Jell-O. It's like 70 calories for half a cup and it has no fat. That said, do remember it is a treat. While it may be low-cal and have no fat it is high in sugar - just like jelly beans.

Comment

Mmm I love sugar! So glad to find this out about jelly beans and Jell-O. That said, aren't most hard candies low in calories and have no fat? I mean the ones that are the same candy throughout not ones with fun-filled centers.

Comment

There are lots of candies that can satisfy your sugar cravings that are relatively low in calories (when consumed in small quantities) and have no fat. However, as Charlotte pointed out, the trouble with a lot of these sweet is that while a small amount won't lead to a huge amount of calories, in most cases, it still contains a bucket load of sugar. So be mindful of that.

Comment

I don't get it. As long as you're only eating like 100 calories of it, isn't it fine to have a bit of sugar? I find all this stuff so confusing.

Comment

Working...
            X