Big bacon lover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big bacon lover

I love bacon and I know it's not exactly a pro-diet or pro-health food for that matter, but it's my one junk food I really enjoy and in the past when I've tried to cut it out of my diet I've gone on a bacon eating binge. Is there ANY healthy recipe that I can add REAL bacon too - not that soy vegetarian crap (no offence vegetarians) - that won't kill my weight loss goals or my health? Help!

I hear you man. Bacon is one of my big passions too. That said, everything in moderation pal. You can still have your bacon and eat it too, as long as you don't make a meal of it or eat it on a daily basis. Think of bacon like chocolate or sweets. Eat it as a treat.

Comment

• Tony1968
      Tony1968 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad I'm not the only one with the bacon love LOL! But do you have any recipes you could share that include bacon and are healthy? I'm always looking for something new to try.

Sorry pal, I'm not much of a cook. All the recipes I know that involve this porky treat are the heart attack kind

Comment

Make sure that you cook your bacon to crispy and drain it very well. Let it sit on paper towels and then pat the top with paper towels. That will help to drain off the extra grease. At least if you're going to have bacon (the good stuff), you can get as much of the bad stuff off first.

Comment

• Tony1968
        Tony1968 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks KraftMan. I have to admit I do like all the extra grease, but I can forgo that. Good point!

Have you thought of trying turkey bacon? It is way lower in fat so you'll be able to enjoy it just the same as you eat the regular stuff now, but you don't have to feel guilty about all the fat and even as much salt.

Comment

• Tony1968
        Tony1968 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bruce, ya, I've actually tried turkey bacon and all the other pork substitutes. They just aren't for me. I love the flavour of pork bacon, and no other type of bacon can replicate it. Thanks for the suggestion though...at least you didn't recommend "tofu" bacon bleh! *shudder*

Just go for it. Eat the damn bacon! Just make that your treat. Some people want cheesecake some peole want chips, some people want chocolate. You want bacon. So just be good with your diet for the rest of the week and bacon it up on sunday mornings!

Comment

I agree with Drew! Eat the bacon as your treat! And eat one for me, too. I already have chocolate caramels as my treat haha

Comment

• This comment by Tony1968 has been deleted by brightstar
          irrelevant to topic of discussion - spam message

Tony1968
          Tony1968 commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem KittyKatt. In exchange you can have all my chocolate caramels

Have you seen some of the awesome bacon flavored products out there? It's not the same thing, but they have stuff you can shake on your popcorn and I've even seen bacon gum!

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          Have you seen some of the awesome bacon flavored products out there? It's not the same thing, but they have stuff you can shake on your popcorn and I've even seen bacon gum!
          I have seen all of the yummy bacon goodness out there and I gotta say, I love a lot of it. I just can't get enough of the bacon flavor. Aside from the real thing, I think my favorite is bacon chips. Never tried the gum...that'd be interesting lol.

Comment

Working...
          X