sweet potato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweet potato

I’m hearing two conflicting thigns. One says sweet potatoes are good for you. The other says sweet potato fries are not. Can someone give me a sweet potato recipe that IS healthy/diet friendly?

Just don't fry them. That keeps their "healthy" side

Comment

I agree with what 1000kilowatts suggested. If you want to keep it healthy, Cut up a sweet potato with the skins on, drizzle a bit of olive oil on them and bake them in the oven until they are tender and crispy. Homemade sweet potato fries can be just as healthy for you as eating baked or boiled sweet potato. Don't fry it and steer clear of pre-packaged sweet potato fries.

Comment

Freddy's right. The best way to ensure you're making the healthiest sweet potato fries is to make them yourself. Don't but the stuff in a package.

Comment

awesome. I didn't know that you could eat them with the skins on. That makes it SO much easier to make them. Thanks for that, Freddy

Comment

This may sound weird, but sometimes I like to just toss a sweet potato into the oven and cook it just like that. If I'm cooking something else in the oven, I'll throw one in, right on the rack. When the skin is crispy and the inside is soft...yum!

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
              This may sound weird, but sometimes I like to just toss a sweet potato into the oven and cook it just like that. If I'm cooking something else in the oven, I'll throw one in, right on the rack. When the skin is crispy and the inside is soft...yum!

I do that too!! It's sooooo good. I just love sweet potato

Comment

The skins taste awesome. I highly recommend always leaving them on!

Comment

Working...
                X