Alternative foods to grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative foods to grill

As the weather gets nicer, I like to use the bbq more because it means I’m not frying as many foods. Looking for some alternative ideas to the “typical”. Any thoughts?

Grill some zucchini and eggplant and make Zucchini or eggplant burgers! I find vegetables taste awesome on the grill. They are far more flavorful than when they're just boiled, baked in the oven or nuked in the microwave! Another food I love on the girl is salmon....mmmm. Ack! I can't wait for summer!!!

Comment

Brightstar...you've just made me very hungry! Just thinking about food on the grill gets my stomach growling! As Suzie Q suggested, vegetables and fish taste amazing on the girl if you are looking for alternatives to your typical steak and potatoes. For something really different, try grilling some fruit. It tastes awesome and it's a nice treat when you're looking for something sweet. Don't be afraid to try grilling anything. Essentially, if it can go in an oven or you can fry it, you can grill it.

Comment

Try stuffing tomatoes or bell peppers with cuscus that has a lot of veggies in it like green peppers and other things that you've cooked together in it. Just be careful if you're cooking tomatoes becuase the skins tend to slide off when you grill them so they're easy to drop. You can use a little veggie grilling pan on the bbq if you struggle with that like I do.

Comment

That all sounds so good I really want to bbq. I have got to get propane in my tank!

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly77 View Post
            That all sounds so good I really want to bbq. I have got to get propane in my tank!
            I agree! I bet the line will be huge this weekend LOL

Comment

Working...
            X