Simple breakfast ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple breakfast ideas

I've never been big on breakfast. I'm looking for easy and fast breakfast ideas that are healthy. I don't like eating cereal. Doe anyone have any suggestions that won't break my budget, take too much time and is also low cal and low in fat and sugar. Thanks!

Have a blender/Magic Bullet/Nutri Bullet? Toss in a banana, a handful of berries (even cranberries, which are SUPER cheap), a bit of plain yogurt, and enough milk to thin it out to the consistency you like. Blitz it until the cranberries and banana are thoroughly pulvarized and enjoy. If you don't want milk, you can also make a strong green tea the night before and store in the fridge. Toss that in there instead. One cup of green tea should be enough for a couple of smoothies.

Comment

what about a piece of fruit and a boiled egg or two?

Comment

Add your own fruit to low-fat plain yogurt and have a piece of whole grain toast.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
          Have a blender/Magic Bullet/Nutri Bullet? Toss in a banana, a handful of berries (even cranberries, which are SUPER cheap), a bit of plain yogurt, and enough milk to thin it out to the consistency you like. Blitz it until the cranberries and banana are thoroughly pulvarized and enjoy. If you don't want milk, you can also make a strong green tea the night before and store in the fridge. Toss that in there instead. One cup of green tea should be enough for a couple of smoothies.

MMMM this sounds so good, brightstar! I'm gonna try this.

M-Stark334, I personally find that smooties are the fastest, easiest and healthiest in the morning when I don't feel like going above and beyond. Here's a link to a site that I really like that has a bunch of fast, healthy and tasty smoothie recipes! http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_me...oothie_recipes

Comment

Do you like oatmeal/porridge if you don't like cereal? There are a lot of fancy flavors out there nwo that even makes it feel like you're having some kind of dessert instead of a breakfast your mom would force you to eat haha. I make it with hot milk instead of hot water and it changes the taste and texture. I'ts really yummy.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

MMMM this sounds so good, brightstar! I'm gonna try this.

M-Stark334, I personally find that smooties are the fastest, easiest and healthiest in the morning when I don't feel like going above and beyond. Here's a link to a site that I really like that has a bunch of fast, healthy and tasty smoothie recipes! http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_me...oothie_recipes
              Those are really good recipes! I've tried two of them now and I plan to keep going. I like that they encourage you to continue to buy berries and things like that because as long as I have them in the house, I'll eat them!

Comment

The creamsickle is so good. The clean breeze one just isn't quite right for my taste. it's too much like lawnmower clippings. thanks for these recipes

Comment

Working...
                X