Radish recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radish recipes

I've been growing radishes in may garden (they are soooo easy to grow!) but now I've got a lot of them. What else can I do with them aside from putting them in a salad? I'd like to do something yummy and creative. All ideas are welcome

Good for you for growing your own veg this year. My garden doesn't have the kind of soil that radishes need. A bulb never forms. I'm glad you have something you can bring in. That said, I do love how peppery and crunchy they are. Try slicing them finely like on a mandolin (with a finger guard since they're small) and add them to sandwiches. Tuna and chicken salad sandwiches are transformed by finely sliced radishes. If you have very peppery ones, you can tone them down a bit. Just cut them in half and rub them in olive oil. Roast them in the oven. Super good.
    Also, don't throw out the tops. Wash them and chop them up. Toss them into a stir fry. They may have a velcro-like texture when they're raw, but they cook down nicely and are full of vitamins and minerals. Easy way to add flavor and nutrition to your dinner.

Comment

OMG get a spiralizer that will let you make chips or even noodles out of radishes. SO FUN

Comment

Have you ever made radish toasts? Those are pretty tasty! I love the really big radishes that are exceptionally peppery.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
          Have you ever made radish toasts? Those are pretty tasty! I love the really big radishes that are exceptionally peppery.
          Radish toasts? Omg that sounds fascinating and I have absolutely no idea why hahaa. Seriously how do you do that. Really big radishes? Are they as big as a slice of toast? What do you put on them? You have me really curious about this. Maybe I'll see if I can find pictures of them or something.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            Good for you for growing your own veg this year. My garden doesn't have the kind of soil that radishes need. A bulb never forms. I'm glad you have something you can bring in. That said, I do love how peppery and crunchy they are. Try slicing them finely like on a mandolin (with a finger guard since they're small) and add them to sandwiches. Tuna and chicken salad sandwiches are transformed by finely sliced radishes. If you have very peppery ones, you can tone them down a bit. Just cut them in half and rub them in olive oil. Roast them in the oven. Super good.
            Also, don't throw out the tops. Wash them and chop them up. Toss them into a stir fry. They may have a velcro-like texture when they're raw, but they cook down nicely and are full of vitamins and minerals. Easy way to add flavor and nutrition to your dinner.
            Thanks enviroTodd! I'll be sure to do that. Awww that sucks that you can't grow raddishes! They're so easy to grow and fast where I live. I always get several batches all summer long. What sorts of vegetables doyou have luck with?

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions I'm going to give them a try and raddish toasts do sound very tasty!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

Radish toasts? Omg that sounds fascinating and I have absolutely no idea why hahaa. Seriously how do you do that. Really big radishes? Are they as big as a slice of toast? What do you put on them? You have me really curious about this. Maybe I'll see if I can find pictures of them or something.

Oh! Haha, it's not big raddishes. You simple cut up radish and put them on toasted bread that you cut into small squares. You can eat them like that or add a little bit of a spread to them for more flavor. Didn't mean to confuse you there Bethie That said they're really good on whole grain toast and are nice as a snack and make a pretty good appetizer for guests, too

Comment

Working...
              X