summertime cold recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summertime cold recipe

I have a cold and it's the summertime! I feel so unlucky. But I don't know what to eat. I tried my go-to for colds, soup, but it's just making me so overheated. What should I be eating?

I recommend that you make yourself some smoothies. Fruit smoothies that are cool with help you to feel good in the summer and they'll provide you with lots of vitamins and nutrients that can help you get better. Making a vegetable smoothie is also good if you're not feeling like soup or if you want soup but you don't want hot soup, you can always eat it cold. Mostly for me I find the biggest struggle when I'm sick is everything tastes off so I like stuff that's high in salt. Just take it easy and eat what you feel like and focus on eating stuff that's high in nutrients. Your cold won't last forever so even if you're not eating perfectly you won't be hurting any diet you're following. Also, make sure you continue with a bit of exercise but mostly get lots of rest! Feel better soon Bethie!!

Comment

I agree. Smoothies really are the way to go. If you don't want to add milk to your smoothie, you can always add juice. I personally like grapefruit or orange. Don't be afraid to get experimental and choose whatever flavours you enjoy!

Comment

Aww a summer cold - that's pretty high up there on the suck list! Poor you Bethie! Yeah, hot soup in the summer is about as appealing as a cold salad in the dead of winter. Stick to cool foods that have a lot of flavor like fruits and even vegetables and dip. I also find I like stirfrys when I'm not feeling so great in the summer. They're pretty easy to make and you can put in as many vegetables as you want and add whatever spices/flavors that you want. It's still a warm food, but it's not piping hot like soup and doesn't get weird if it's on the cool side. Jello is also good and even rice pudding.

Comment

I think anything that is very hydrating that is high in liquid is good for you. Eat lots of citrus fruits and veggies. Speeddemon, Taranorth, charlotte, those are good ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
            Aww a summer cold - that's pretty high up there on the suck list! Poor you Bethie! Yeah, hot soup in the summer is about as appealing as a cold salad in the dead of winter. Stick to cool foods that have a lot of flavor like fruits and even vegetables and dip. I also find I like stirfrys when I'm not feeling so great in the summer. They're pretty easy to make and you can put in as many vegetables as you want and add whatever spices/flavors that you want. It's still a warm food, but it's not piping hot like soup and doesn't get weird if it's on the cool side. Jello is also good and even rice pudding.
            Thanks everyone! I'm starting to feel better now. stirfrys and smoothies have been my life for the last week. A friend made gazpacho so that was really good for dinner for three nights, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

Thanks everyone! I'm starting to feel better now. stirfrys and smoothies have been my life for the last week. A friend made gazpacho so that was really good for dinner for three nights, too.

I’ve heard of Gazpacho but I don’t know what it is exactly? I’m guessing it’s good since you had it three nights a week haha. The other thing I forgot to recommend which might have been good is ratatouille. It’s probably one of my favorite all-veggie recipes. I’m always surprised at how much I like it each time that I have it.

Glad you’re feeling better, Bethie!

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

I’ve heard of Gazpacho but I don’t know what it is exactly? I’m guessing it’s good since you had it three nights a week haha. The other thing I forgot to recommend which might have been good is ratatouille. It’s probably one of my favorite all-veggie recipes. I’m always surprised at how much I like it each time that I have it.

Glad you’re feeling better, Bethie!
                Feeling better now. Thanks for the help everyone!
                Speeddemon, gazpatcho is a kind of tomato soup that is served cold. You can even make it a bit on the spicy side, which i actually found was great for keeping my sinuses clear haha. It was a really good recipe for being easy to eat and comforting but also cool during the summertime. I really have a hard time eating warm food when it's very, very hot out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

Feeling better now. Thanks for the help everyone!
                  Speeddemon, gazpatcho is a kind of tomato soup that is served cold. You can even make it a bit on the spicy side, which i actually found was great for keeping my sinuses clear haha. It was a really good recipe for being easy to eat and comforting but also cool during the summertime. I really have a hard time eating warm food when it's very, very hot out.

Oh! Is that what it is? Haha thanks for letting me know. Yeah, adding spice to that does sound like it would be very good. I know! It's absolutely killer when it's too hot out to eat hot stuff. I'm actually glad that it's getting a little cooler here. now. I'm looking forward to eating all the fall fixin's! I really like the different types of squash and since learning all these new recipes last year I'm looking forward to doing them again.

Comment

Working...
                  X