frozen vegetables are just as nutritious as fresh vegetables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frozen vegetables are just as nutritious as fresh vegetables

Some people think that the most nutritious vegetables are those that are fresh. However, the nutrients in fresh vegetables don't last forever. In fact, once they're plucked from the plant or the ground, their nutritional value starts to deplete as the days pass. Therefore, if you don't eat the fresh veggies you buy from your local grocer within a couple days of purchasing them, you're likely not getting as much nutrition from them as you think. What some people don't realize is that frozen vegetables are the next best thing to fresh. Their nutrients were locked in when they were frozen, and still provide you with plenty of nutritional value. The point is, if you can't always obtain fresh because it's inconvenient or too costly, stock your freezer with frozen veggies

That's absolutely the truth. frozen veggies are almost identical to fresh. They just taste slightly different

Comment

It depends on the brand, but yes. Go with one you trust.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
        That's absolutely the truth. frozen veggies are almost identical to fresh. They just taste slightly different
        Exactly KittyKatt lol. They sure don't taste the same lol. That said, it's good to know that they are just as nutritious. I didn't know that. Guess it's true that you learn something new every day!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
          It depends on the brand, but yes. Go with one you trust.
          Drew has made a very good point. Being a vegetarian, vegetables are very important to my diet. Not all brands of the frozen veggies I’ve purchased in the past have been high-quality. I recommend researching the brand first before you pick any one.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post
            Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
            Exactly KittyKatt lol. They sure don't taste the same lol. That said, it's good to know that they are just as nutritious. I didn't know that. Guess it's true that you learn something new every day!
            Even if they taste different they are just as nutritious. So use your frozen vegetables for making soups, casseroles, and stir fries that have sauces. Use your fresh veggies to eat raw or steamed. It's a matter of preparing them properly. They aren't the same thing, but they are the same in terms of nutrients.

Comment

The same thing is true when it comes to fruits! Frozen fruits are awesome and make the best tasting smoothies - yum!

Comment

Thank you for the advice enviroTodd

Comment

Yum envirotodd u r making me hungry with all of those great ideas! Im gonna make a bean casserole 2nite with frozen green beans.

Christysmiles – ur right about frozen fruits 2. They do make the best smoothies.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
                    Yum envirotodd u r making me hungry with all of those great ideas! Im gonna make a bean casserole 2nite with frozen green beans.
                    Is it too late for me to invite myself over, BabyButtons? Let us know if it turns out well. What kind of beans do you use for your casserole?

If you use organic vegetables from a good company that packs quickly after it picks, you'll get the most flavor and will eat the fewest pesticides and herbicides.

Comment

Haha! Envirotodd ur a riot! Its never 2 late 4 u to invite urself over. It did turn out wonderful. It was delicious. I used frozen french beans. They r my favoritre.

Comment

Haha! Envirotodd ur a riot! Its never 2 late 4 u to invite urself over. It did turn out wonderful. It was delicious. I used frozen french beans. They r my favoritre.
                        You're right, they do go very well in a number of casseroles. I'm glad to hear that I'm inviting myself over to the right house for dinner. You clearly have good taste.

You might also think about a bake that uses frozen broccoli or a mix of broccoli and cauliflower. It is great with a mix of cheeses, especially if you do a topping of bread crumbs and/or onions for a bit of an extra toasty flavor. How about I bring that and you supply the green beans ha ha

Comment

I personally like a mix of different veggies. if you get a really good mix then you can just add some sauce to it and a groudn meat of some kind like turkey or chicken and throwing it on the stove is all you need for something really easy, fast, and healhty.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                            You're right, they do go very well in a number of casseroles. I'm glad to hear that I'm inviting myself over to the right house for dinner. You clearly have good taste.

You might also think about a bake that uses frozen broccoli or a mix of broccoli and cauliflower. It is great with a mix of cheeses, especially if you do a topping of bread crumbs and/or onions for a bit of an extra toasty flavor. How about I bring that and you supply the green beans ha ha
                            Its a date! I got some fresh salmon today 2. We can have yogurt smoothies 4 dessert hahaha

Comment

Working...
                            X