Kale is a superfood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kale is a superfood

You’ve likely heard that dark green leafy vegetables are very good for you. This isn’t a myth but a solid fact that shouldn’t go ignored. If you aren’t sure which leafy greens you should eat, one of the best that I highly recommend you try is Kale. There are different types of kale and kale can be added to a lot of foods, such as stirfry, soups, and is even a great side. You can even make kale chips if you want a good snack and a substitute for regular potato chips! This is fast, easy and can even be done in the microwave. Just remember that kale, like any food, should be eaten in moderation. Just as you shouldn’t pig out on a big bag of potato chips, don’t pig out on kale.

Hmmm, kale chips. Never heard of that sounds good. Anyone have a recipe?

Comment

Kale huh? I don't think I've ever seen that before. Do you know if it's sold in the regular supermarket?

Comment

Kale really is good. Other great green superfoods are wheat grass and barley grass.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post
          Hmmm, kale chips. Never heard of that sounds good. Anyone have a recipe?
          I posted a recipe for you Tony1968 and anyone else who wants to try it

Comment

You're very right TracyK. The only other thing I would point out is that it's best to obtain organic kale if it is at all possible. I've read research that says most of the kale that hits our supermarkets are covered in pesticides, so while the kale still has nutrients it also carries a lot of other things in it that aren't so great for the body because of all the chemicals that have been sprayed on it. After hearing this news, I try to buy organic for myself and family as much as possible. It's awful that they put so many chemicals on fresh foods. I know it's to help keep them free of pests, but you'd think there would be something better they could do. All that aside. Yes, kale is an awesome superfood

Comment

wow...lettuce chips. And I thought I had heard of everything. Can you do this with any other kind of vegetable? Like sweet potato chips? I was at a friend's house once and they served these chips that were sweet potato, eggplant, and a couple other of veggies I can't recall. They were very good - a little on the hard side - but the taste wasn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post
                You're very right TracyK. The only other thing I would point out is that it's best to obtain organic kale if it is at all possible. I've read research that says most of the kale that hits our supermarkets are covered in pesticides, so while the kale still has nutrients it also carries a lot of other things in it that aren't so great for the body because of all the chemicals that have been sprayed on it. After hearing this news, I try to buy organic for myself and family as much as possible. It's awful that they put so many chemicals on fresh foods. I know it's to help keep them free of pests, but you'd think there would be something better they could do. All that aside. Yes, kale is an awesome superfood
                Where do you get organic kale. I can't find it at my regular grocery store. Is it rare or hard to find?

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
                  Where do you get organic kale. I can't find it at my regular grocery store. Is it rare or hard to find?
                  I've seen it at my local farmer's market when it's in season. I havne't looked for it specifically but I'll keep you posted if I notice it somewhere else. Does your groceyr store have an organic section?

Comment

[QUOTE=MadMike;n1659]
                    Originally posted by brightstar View Post
                    I buy it at a speciality supermarket. In my experience, regular supermarkets don't carry it. Try any food seller that sells beyond the basics of standard produce. You can also try health stores, and as MadMike suggested, a farmers market is also a great place. It isn't the easiest product to find, but whenever it's possible, I'd recommend getting it.

Comment

Working...
                    X