Nutrition for the New Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutrition for the New Year

I want to improve my diet in 2020. What are the best type of nutrition (supplement or whole foods) that I can add to my diet to help me improve my health and that can even benefit my weight loss efforts? I've never been any good at figuring out what the best things are to eat healthwise, so any suggestions or ideas are welcome! Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!

the type of supplement you need usually depends on the type of diet you have and where it might be lacking. Most doctors tell you to forget about the majority of individual supplements (other than maybe vitamin D3) and just say to get a good quality multivitamin that best suits your health requirements.

Comment

Personally, I would just work on getting more fruits and vegetables, legumes and other fibers in your diet, keep the sugars and junk low and drink water. In terms of supplements, I personally wouldn't take supplements without getting the okay from your doctor, especially if you have a health condition or are taking medications. It's important to know the right dosages for supplements if you are going to take the daily and to find out which ones you might need. The last thing you want to do is take something that will interact negatively with other things you may be taking or that may lead to you overdosing on certain nutrients.

Comment

Fill half your plate with vegetables and have fruits with your snacks. Eat the vegetables first so you always know if you have leftovers, you've consumed your veggies. After that point, you just get some good extras. Once you have that down, it's all fine tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
          Fill half your plate with vegetables and have fruits with your snacks. Eat the vegetables first so you always know if you have leftovers, you've consumed your veggies. After that point, you just get some good extras. Once you have that down, it's all fine tuning.
          Thanks! That's great advice that I can follow. Okay starting that now. Thanks PamelaPoison

Comment

Working...
          X