Nutrition for the mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutrition for the mind

I'm really struggling with this long isolation we're all going through because of the coronavirus. Is there anything that you can eat that is good for you mind and good for your mood? I'm not like ultra depressed or anything, but I feel like my mind is getting more numb as the days go on LOL.

Sure! Dark chocolate (with a very high chocolate content), berries or, even better, berries dipped in dark chocolate! You can make them plain or you can decorate them with little dots of white chocolate. Since you're trapped at home, that provides you with a craft project and a fancy mood-boosting healthy treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
      Sure! Dark chocolate (with a very high chocolate content), berries or, even better, berries dipped in dark chocolate! You can make them plain or you can decorate them with little dots of white chocolate. Since you're trapped at home, that provides you with a craft project and a fancy mood-boosting healthy treat.
      Wow. Now that's what I call an answer! Berries dipped in chocolate is a great brain booster. Eating a fatty fish is also good for mental health as are tree nuts and turmeric. Actually, it seems that the tastier stuff in life is good for the mind haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Wow. Now that's what I call an answer! Berries dipped in chocolate is a great brain booster. Eating a fatty fish is also good for mental health as are tree nuts and turmeric. Actually, it seems that the tastier stuff in life is good for the mind haha!
        It does sound like that, doesn't it? So if you have Salmon with mushrooms cooked in olive oil and sauteed kale with almond slivers, then dark chocolate covered berries for dessert, you'll have a delicious meal and think you're only feeling better because it's so tasty but it was actually healthy!

Comment

I'm hungry already! I should spend more time focusing on my mental health when I cook hahaha!

Comment

Don't forget dark leafy greens. Kale, spinach, collard greens, swiss chard. Any of that stuff is great for your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
              mmm dark chocolate! That's exciting HAHA.

Thanks Bean! I forgot all about the dark leafy greens and their powers of health awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post

mmm dark chocolate! That's exciting HAHA.

Thanks Bean! I forgot all about the dark leafy greens and their powers of health awesome.
                Pretty much any veggies you didn't want to eat as a kid are great for overall health and for mental health support haha.

Comment

Working...
                X