Lentil recipe ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lentil recipe ideas

I've decided I want to get more lentils in my diet. Does anyone have any favorite lentil recipes that they could share? Also I know that there are different kinds of lentils. Does anyone know which ones are best?

I'm personally a big fan of lentil soups. You can use any lentils you want. That said, I prefer brown lentils for soup because they hold their shape and texture better. Even green lentils are good for this reason. That said, if you don't really want the firm texture, red lentils will dissolve as they cook and provide you with a smoother type of soup.

Comment

Cook up your red lentils until they're soft. Drain, add an egg and any veggies, herbs and spices you want and make burgers out of them!

Comment

I like sprinkling lentils on stuff like on salads or even as an added ingredient in wraps. It helps to boost fiber, protein and make whatever I'm eating more filling.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
          Cook up your red lentils until they're soft. Drain, add an egg and any veggies, herbs and spices you want and make burgers out of them!
          OMG that's genius! I never thought of doing that and it sounds so good.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            I agree with ChristySmiles! That's a wonderful idea and sounds so tasty. Where do you come up with all these creative and cool recipes enviroTodd??

Comment

Thanks for all the great tips! I will try it in soups and wraps, never thought of those and I like both. Also that burger idea does sound really good. I think I'll give that a try this weekend! Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
              X