No announcement yet.

roasting veggies - love it, need ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roasting veggies - love it, need ideas!

I've been in love with roasting veggies lately. Broccoli, cauliflower, stuffed mushroom caps, potatoes. I'm new to this though. What else can I roast that is very easy and can be done in about a half hour?

Carrots, parsnips, squash, pretty much any root vegetable. Create a rainbow of colors and you'll be sure you got a lot of different nutrients all on one plate.

Comment

You can roast anything that isn't flimsy like lettuce. If it has some substance to it, go for it. You can even cut zucchini into strips and with a bit of olive oil, just bake them until you get a tiny amount of char, then take them out. THey'll be cooked and soft in the middle with a bit of tasty char on the outside.

Comment

squash and zucchini are my favorite to roast. You can scoop out their seeds and stuff them both with other ingredients.

Comment

Also try asparagus, brussel sprouts cut in half, or even kale leaves (keep an eye on those or they will burn fast). If you get bored with the wya things taste with olive oil alone, add other ingredients like garlic and/or a sprinkling of parmesan cheese, which toasts up nicely.

Comment

This is the ONLY way I like brussel sprouts. SO good. It's like they're an entirely different food. None of that heavy cabbage flavor. Just make sure they get browned on the baking sheet side and yummmmmm.

Comment

Working...
            X