Diet friendly fall foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet friendly fall foods

It's that time of year again...when fall foods are here and I crave things that are a lot heavier than a slice of watermelon. Please share your favorite fall foods that are diet friendly to inspire me!

I read somewhere that squash, sweet potatoes, etc, are actually high in calories. I'm surprised to see this post. Am I wrong? I'm not trolling. I'm genuinely asking if I'm wrong. I'd love it if I could start buying lots of those foods this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post
      I read somewhere that squash, sweet potatoes, etc, are actually high in calories. I'm surprised to see this post. Am I wrong? I'm not trolling. I'm genuinely asking if I'm wrong. I'd love it if I could start buying lots of those foods this fall.
      You're not wrong, but there's context that changes the game, if that makes sense. Squash and sweet potatoes are definitely higher in calories than, for instance, broccoli or zucchini. However, they're also more filling and very high in fiber. They're packed with amazing nutrients your body really needs, including ones that help your eye health and that help protect you from diseases like some cancers. Also, since squash is commonly eaten in place of something else like a potato or rice, you're actually getting fewer calories than the alternative food, but in something just as filling but higher in fiber and nutrients.
      I hope that helped explain it. That's how I understand it. It's not just a matter of how many calories, but what is it replacing and what comes with those calories?

Comment

REAL pumpkin spice lattes! Not the kind cafes sell. THe kind where you whisk/blend in a tablespoon or two of pure pureed pumpkin (depending on how much pumpkin you like) plus a dash of pumpkin pie spice mix on top. If you do it with oat milk it cuts way down on fats and calories and it's like drinking a pie!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
          REAL pumpkin spice lattes! Not the kind cafes sell. THe kind where you whisk/blend in a tablespoon or two of pure pureed pumpkin (depending on how much pumpkin you like) plus a dash of pumpkin pie spice mix on top. If you do it with oat milk it cuts way down on fats and calories and it's like drinking a pie!
          That sounds so good! Does the pumpkin mix in with the coffee or does it settle at the bottom? I just mean do you have to stir it up a lot as you drink it or does it stay blended?

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

That sounds so good! Does the pumpkin mix in with the coffee or does it settle at the bottom? I just mean do you have to stir it up a lot as you drink it or does it stay blended?
            Whisk it with whatever your favorite kind of milk is and heat them together in a saucepan. Since it doesn't take much, it heats up fast. Add your spices to that, too. Then, just pour that into your prepared coffee to turn it into the latte.

Comment

All Fall foods are diet friendly. It's all in how you cook them. If you deep fry, use cream sauce, or load things with sugar, then they're not. If you use the veg grown in this season and oven roast, grill, steam, boil, or fry using broth instead of oil, while leaving the sugar aside, then you're on the right track.

Comment

Working...
              X