Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Butternut squash - what to make with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butternut squash - what to make with it?

What do I make with butternut squash other than soup? I just got a lot of it because I was at a farmer's market and have no self control. I just can't make THAT much soup.

You can just mash it like mashed potatoes. Mix in some yogurt to make it creamy.

Comment

Do you like cumin? or cinnamon? Those both go great. YOu can pretty much use any spices you'd also use with pumpkin. I like summer savory and black pepper as well. Just roast it and add the right spices. Try stuffing the "bowl" of it too!

Comment

Thanks! I'll try both the mashed and the baked "bowl" idea. Those sound great!

Comment

I've never liked butternut squash all that much. I make soup out of it and that's it. I find that other squash such as carnival, mashed potato, and delicata have better flavors. Delicata doesn't even need to be peeled because you can eat the skin!

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
            I've never liked butternut squash all that much. I make soup out of it and that's it. I find that other squash such as carnival, mashed potato, and delicata have better flavors. Delicata doesn't even need to be peeled because you can eat the skin!
            I've never even heard of delicata but it sounds like such a time saving!

Comment

I cook it and mash it and then use it instead of potatoes for various types of shepherd's pie. Changes the whole flavor, and it's so good.

Comment

Working...
              X