Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of nutrition do you find is the hardest to obtain/maintain in your diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of nutrition do you find is the hardest to obtain/maintain in your diet?

Poll time!

With all of the nutrition questions people have been asking lately it's got me thinking. What type of nutrient do you have a hard time obtaining a sufficient amount for your daily diet?
    Calcium
    50.00%
    Vitamin C
    0.00%
    Zinc
    8.33%
    omega 3
    16.67%
    Other
    25.00%

I find that iron is the hardest one to keep up on a consistent basis. I know that it's not urgent to obtain the ideal amount of iron every day because the body will store extras for when I need it, but I work out every day and so I need the iron that I have in my food but because I eat only lean proteins in small portions that are appropriate for weight loss, it makes it hard to keep up the levels of iron that I need.

This is a challenging one unless I have kale and spinach in my diet every single day. I do try to eat them often but it isn't something that I want to have to eat every day as it doesn't go with every meal. I used to find iron much easier to obtain on a consistent basis when I ate a lot more red meat, but I am making a strong effort to try to keep the consumption of those meats to a minimum, which holds back the ability to obtain some of the benefits that they have to offer.

I have found that tracking that mineral is the best way for me to be able to take the right action to ensure that I do receive enough iron every day. by tracking my foods and monitoring my iron intake, I can observe if it has been low a couple of days in a row so that I can try to eat something that will stock me back up again the next day.

Comment

Some days I get way too much calcium because I've had milk, yogurt, cheese, ice cream, spinach, etc etc. but then other days I'm only getting like a quarter of what I need. I have supplements on hand to make up for it.

Comment

Omega 3 is my hard one. I don't really eat a lot of fish and I don't take supplements. I guess I should, but I've heard a lot of claims that the supplements really aren't as good as everyone says they are.

Comment

definitely calcium!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            I find that iron is the hardest one to keep up on a consistent basis. I know that it's not urgent to obtain the ideal amount of iron every day because the body will store extras for when I need it, but I work out every day and so I need the iron that I have in my food but because I eat only lean proteins in small portions that are appropriate for weight loss, it makes it hard to keep up the levels of iron that I need.

This is a challenging one unless I have kale and spinach in my diet every single day. I do try to eat them often but it isn't something that I want to have to eat every day as it doesn't go with every meal. I used to find iron much easier to obtain on a consistent basis when I ate a lot more red meat, but I am making a strong effort to try to keep the consumption of those meats to a minimum, which holds back the ability to obtain some of the benefits that they have to offer.

I have found that tracking that mineral is the best way for me to be able to take the right action to ensure that I do receive enough iron every day. by tracking my foods and monitoring my iron intake, I can observe if it has been low a couple of days in a row so that I can try to eat something that will stock me back up again the next day.

I agree with enviroTodd, I struggle with achieving sufficient iron. Calcium can sometimes be a struggle too, but mostly iron is the issue.

Comment

Calcium is hard for me. I take supplements because I know I just don't get enough.

Comment

I actually have a hard time getting adequate potassium, iron and magnesium. I've been considering taking a one-a-day multivitamin to help me get what I need. It really is tough!

Comment

Calcium!! I always thought I was getting way more than I was. Even though I was having dairy and other foods rich in calcium, I apparently wasn't ingesting the amount I needed consistently on a daily basis. Some days I'm alright but other days I really don't get enough. I am taking supplements now.

Comment

omega 3. Maybe I'm getting enough of it but maybe I'm not. I find it hard because it's not really written on nutrition labels like other stuff is.

Comment

I recently found out I do not get enough calcium. I always thought I did, but I apparently don't get nearly as much as I should. I thought because I was eating the recommended amount of dairy it was enough. Apparently...no. I take supplements now.

Comment

I've never been a fan of dairy of any kind, so obtaining calcium has always been a bit of a trial for me. I try to eat as many dark leafy greens and oranges as I can to obtain the amount I need.

Comment

Working...
                        X