Beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beans

Which beans are the most nutritious? I like kidney beans, black beans and white beans. How good are those beans and are they still nutritious for you if they come from a can?

I feel like I'm a bit of an expert on beans In my opinion the best ones that you can get are black beans. Also, canned ones are just fine for you as long as you get the ones with no salt added.

Comment

That's interesting. I always wondered if the canned variety was just as nutritious! Personally like red kidney beans the best.

Comment

I think all beans are nutritious and it doesn't matter if you use canned or the ones you buy dry in a bag. I recommend eating a variety. Usually I buy cans that have a medley of beans. They're great to add to meals and are good in salads too!

Comment

I like beans too. I actually eat a lot of chickpeas...this is going to be an odd question, but are chickpeas beans?

Comment

I don't think that chickpeas and beans are the same thing. I think that they might both be pulses but I don't really know what pulses are, so I'm not any help beyond that LOL

Comment

Great. I'm glad to hear this! I usually eat canned beans so that's good news

ChristySmiles - I agree with brightstar I don't think chickpeas are beans either.

Comment

Working...
              X