Potato extract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potato extract

I just finished reading in the paper that there was a study that showed that potato extract can help you to lose weight. I thought potatoes were supposed to be bad for weight loss.

Wow that is confusing... I thought the same thing. However, apparently some recent study found that raw potato extract may limit weight gain that is high in refined carbs and fat. That said, I saw that the study was conducted on mice. So while the findings look good, until this same kind of study is tested on humans I'm not entirely sold that it works. Who knows, maybe eating more potatoes is a good thing, but I think it might be better if people just stopped eating more junk and ate a balanced and healthy diet.

Comment

Really? I thought potatoes are bad too. Aren't they part of the complex carbohydrates that you're supposed to avoid cause they fall under the starchy foods you should avoid? Is it a specific type of potato or all potatoes?

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
        Really? I thought potatoes are bad too. Aren't they part of the complex carbohydrates that you're supposed to avoid cause they fall under the starchy foods you should avoid? Is it a specific type of potato or all potatoes?
        That's exactly what I was thinking. One of the things that you always hear is that you shouldn't eat potatoes if you want to lose weight. What exactly are they extracting that is good?

Comment

I don't think eating potatoes helps lose weight. I think it's a specific extract

Comment

Originally posted by 1000kilowatts View Post
            I don't think eating potatoes helps lose weight. I think it's a specific extract

That makes more sense. How would you get this extract?

Comment

I don't think that it will take very long to start to see it in various different supplements in different concentrations and qualities. Now that it has been proven to be helpful, then the diet supplement industry should take off with it and it will become regularly available. This is what tends to happen with this type of ingredient. At least in this case there is a tiny bit of evidence to suggest that it actually works. That is a notable improvement over some of the previous trends that are still in existence out there, such as acai berry and hoodia, which haven’t been proven to do anything at all for weight loss – at least not where reputable medicine is involved – and yet they are still being marketed as miracles. I’ll be interested to see how potato extract will be able to help people out.

Comment

Working...
              X