Veggie chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veggie chips

I've been seeing a lot of alternatives to nromal chips at the grocery store lately. Most recently I saw snap peas in the form of chips. Are these types of products actulaly diet friendly and healthy or are they yet another trick?

If you're not sure, it's easy to make kale chips

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
      If you're not sure, it's easy to make kale chips

I agree with PamelaPoison, if only because you can control what you put on the chips you make. That said, I think the one main downside to veggie chips is salt. So while they're still probably better for you than eating regular chips, they're still not the best either. When in doubt, always look at the ingredients

Comment

Really? Snap pea chips? That's something I've never heard of before. Honestly, I imagine they're not as healthy for you as you think, but that they are probably better than the more traditional junky chips, cheesies and other snacks. Have you ever tired apple chips? Those are kind of weird, but I eat those as a snack every once in a while when I want something chip-like but want a more healthy option.

Comment

I think they're different from one to the next. I've seen a lot of those veggie chips that are super high in fat because they're still fried. I guess all you can do is compare the nutrition tables.

Comment

When it all comes down to it, are chips made out of snap peas really worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by TammyBear View Post
              When it all comes down to it, are chips made out of snap peas really worth it?

My sentiments exactly TammyBear hahaha.

Comment

Working...
              X