Ginger for weight loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginger for weight loss?

I know ginger is supposed to be very good for digestion and overall health. Is it also good for weight loss? I tend to think that things that are good for digestion also have a shot at being good for helping you to lose weight. Am I wrong?

I don't know if it's effective for weight loss. I know that it's low in calories and good for digestion, which can be good for weight loss because proper digestion helps you to move food through your system. It's also an anti-inflammatory. I just think it's good for overall health

Comment

I think ginger is good for health and digestion and settling a queasy stomach, but I don't think it actually has any weight loss benefits.

Comment

Ginger is definitely super-healthy. That said, Ginger isn't going to help you lose weight. Simply because something is an anti-inflammatory, it's good for digestion and it can help settle an upset stomach/nausea, doesn't mean that it's going to cause a reduction in fat.

Comment

Does inflammation stop you from losing weight? If it does, wouldn't ginger help with that? I really have no idea

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            Does inflammation stop you from losing weight? If it does, wouldn't ginger help with that? I really have no idea
            I think it supports healthier weight loss but it probably doesn't directly speed it up in a way that you'd actually be able to measure on your scale or anything.

Comment

Working...
            X