vitamin D for weight loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vitamin D for weight loss

I’m seeing a lot of stuff that now says that direct sunlight is actually better for you than protecting yourself against skin cancer. If vitamin D is that healthy, can it also cause weight loss to be easier? Anyone know?

I'd be willing to bet that it would make a difference. light is being shown to make a differenc ein a lot of differnet parts of health. Why would it not be for weight loss?

Comment

I'm sure it could help make weight loss easier. Doesn't getting vitamin D also help you emotionally too? I think people who go for a long time without sun are more heavily affected by SAD (seasonal affective disorder), which can lead to a case of the blues, which can result in emotional eating. Since vitamin D is essential for good health, I'm certain making sure you're getting enough of it can positively effect your weight loss efforts even if it doesn't directly cause weight loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        I'd be willing to bet that it would make a difference. light is being shown to make a differenc ein a lot of differnet parts of health. Why would it not be for weight loss?

I'm not really sure how it could make losing weight easier...I guess maybe if it improved mood? Other than that I think all that's really going to work is finding the right diet and exercise and sticking to it. Sometimes you'll find it easy to follow your routine and sometimes you'll find it harder. What' most important is resisting the temptation to give into bad habits when you've got low willpower. I think that's just the way it is, regardless of what "help" you might use along the way, be it sunshine, vitamin D supplements or some other form of light therapy.

Comment

I was under the impression that htey were finding that vitamin D is having an affect on a lot of differnet parts of the body that they didn't evne previously know about and that it's not just for mood. That's why it helps with many kinds of cancer prevention. I guess I was off base. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X