green tea vs matcha green tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green tea vs matcha green tea

Just wondering the difference between regular green tea and matcha green tea. I can't see any difference in the ingredients but matcha costs a whole lot more. What is it?

The major difference is that it Match Green has more antioxidants. I also think that it is grown in a different place and picked at a different time. It comes from the same plant. It's just the process of its creation that makes it different and more potent. That's why it costs more.

Comment

Matcha green tea is better for you than regular green tea. one serving of Match has the nutritional equivalent of 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea and has 137 times more antioxidants! It is the same plant used for green tea, including sencha green tea. What makes Matcha Green Tea different is that the plant is grown in the shade which results in darker colored leaves boosts chlorophyl levels. Once picked the leaves are ground into a powder.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
        Matcha green tea is better for you than regular green tea. one serving of Match has the nutritional equivalent of 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea and has 137 times more antioxidants! It is the same plant used for green tea, including sencha green tea. What makes Matcha Green Tea different is that the plant is grown in the shade which results in darker colored leaves boosts chlorophyl levels. Once picked the leaves are ground into a powder.
        Holy cow, I didn't know that it was the same as ten cups of regular green tea! WOw! Does it mean that it also has a huge amount of caffeine in it, too? Does that make it sort of bad for you with that much caffeine, if that's the case?

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

Holy cow, I didn't know that it was the same as ten cups of regular green tea! WOw! Does it mean that it also has a huge amount of caffeine in it, too? Does that make it sort of bad for you with that much caffeine, if that's the case?

Matcha does actually contain more caffeine than regular green tea but also less than you might be thinking. It contains about half as much caffeine as a black cup of coffee, which is pretty high for a tea.

Comment

Matcha does actually contain more caffeine than regular green tea but also less than you might be thinking. It contains about half as much caffeine as a black cup of coffee, which is pretty high for a tea.
            I have to say that you just taught me something, BabyButtons. I’ve been drinking matcha lattes and adding it to my smoothies for years and yet I didn’t know that a cup of green matcha has about the same caffeine as half a cup of black coffee. I was always under the impression that they were about the same or that matcha had more. I never bothered to look it up. Thank you for enlightening me. If you’re not a source of positive energy, you’re a source of positive information.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

I have to say that you just taught me something, BabyButtons. I’ve been drinking matcha lattes and adding it to my smoothies for years and yet I didn’t know that a cup of green matcha has about the same caffeine as half a cup of black coffee. I was always under the impression that they were about the same or that matcha had more. I never bothered to look it up. Thank you for enlightening me. If you’re not a source of positive energy, you’re a source of positive information.
              Aww thanks enviroTodd. I'm glad I could provide you with both positive energy and positive information! Mmm a Matcha latte!! I've got to try that yummmm

Comment

Aww thanks enviroTodd. I'm glad I could provide you with both positive energy and positive information! Mmm a Matcha latte!! I've got to try that yummmm
                I just finished coming up with an amazing recipe for an iced matcha latte for summertime. It uses almond milk and melon juice to freshen it up a little bit. It's excellent when it's hot out and highly nutritious at the same time. You should try it.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

I just finished coming up with an amazing recipe for an iced matcha latte for summertime. It uses almond milk and melon juice to freshen it up a little bit. It's excellent when it's hot out and highly nutritious at the same time. You should try it.

MMMMM I'm definitely going to give that a try! You're a genius with all your recipes. Have you ever thought about making a recipe book?

Comment

I just got into matcha lattes recently. THey're so good they're one of those things it's hard to believe they're good for you haha. I like to make them really really frothy on the top. THey're good cold and hot, too

Comment

Working...
                    X