Getting enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting enough

I'm worried that I'm not getting enough fiber in my diet. What foods should I be eating to make sure that I get enough and also how do I make sure I'm not getting too much? I also don't want to end up on the toilet all the time! I really want to find the right balance with fiber, but I want to get it from the right sources.

If you are worried about being stuck on the bathroom then avoid eating too many beans or cruciferous veggies like cabbage. Instead, focus on whole grains and veggies. You don’t have to eat them raw. If you want it to be gentler on your stomach, cook them. You can work toward raw stuff as your body gets used to more fiber. Then you’ll be able to eat more beans and cabbage, too. You just have to build up gradually.

Comment

Just eat less meat and less processed stuff like white bread and white pasta. Then fill up that spot with more veggies. It's actually surprisingly easy to get fiber when you do that.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
        Just eat less meat and less processed stuff like white bread and white pasta. Then fill up that spot with more veggies. It's actually surprisingly easy to get fiber when you do that.

I couldn't agree more PamelaPoison! That's exactly it MeSarah. It's actually really easy to get more fiber without feeling like you're making any huge sacrifices. It's really just about eating more veggies and whole grains and less refined carbs.

Comment

It seems silly but that can feel really challenging when it comes to suddenly working lots of veggies into your diet. it does take lots of little stpes, but you need to change a lot of habits to make that work. The key is to start right away.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
            It seems silly but that can feel really challenging when it comes to suddenly working lots of veggies into your diet. it does take lots of little stpes, but you need to change a lot of habits to make that work. The key is to start right away.

Thanks for all your support and suggestions guys. I'm gonna give them some thought.

KittyKatt...yeah I am gonna start right away. That is important, especially cause I like to put stuff off lol!

Comment

Working...
            X