lemon juice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lemon juice

Are there any benefits to drinking freshly squeeze lemon juice other than perhaps getting vitamin C?

I think it's good for overall digestion. I believe that drinking a small amount of freshly squeezed lemon juice in the morning contains good nutrients and acids. It improves your ability to take in nutrition from your breakfast.

Comment

I thought straight lemon juice was a home remedy for urinary tract infections. I think when you're healthy, it's warm lemon water that does more good.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
        I thought straight lemon juice was a home remedy for urinary tract infections. I think when you're healthy, it's warm lemon water that does more good.

I agree with Whirlybird, I think it's a remedy for urinary tract infections too. When you're healthy I don't imagine it's bad for you but I don't know what extra benefits it provides you to the point that it really matters to your overall health.

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post

I agree with Whirlybird, I think it's a remedy for urinary tract infections too. When you're healthy I don't imagine it's bad for you but I don't know what extra benefits it provides you to the point that it really matters to your overall health.
          I've read that drinking straight lemon juice mixed with warm water in the morning is very good at starting up your digestive system and boosting your metabolism a bit, too. I haven't heard of drinking straight lemon juice other than in one of those dare things that they ask youtubers to do. It might be a similar thing to when people have a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in the morning. SOme people think that hitting your stomach with acid like that is good. I don't but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post

I've read that drinking straight lemon juice mixed with warm water in the morning is very good at starting up your digestive system and boosting your metabolism a bit, too. I haven't heard of drinking straight lemon juice other than in one of those dare things that they ask youtubers to do. It might be a similar thing to when people have a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in the morning. SOme people think that hitting your stomach with acid like that is good. I don't but that's just me.

Thanks PamelaPoison. That's what I wanted to know. I think I might mix it with warm water. I don't think I could handle drinking straight lemon juice either...bleh!

Comment

I just finished reading that this is great for your metabolism and your digestion but horrible for your teeth. Anyone else hear this?

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
                I just finished reading that this is great for your metabolism and your digestion but horrible for your teeth. Anyone else hear this?

Yes! I've also heard the same thing brightstar. Apparently the acid in the lemon juice can really wear down your tooth enamel over time. It's recommended that if you want to drink lemon juice every morning for your digestion/health that you should dilute it in water and drink it with a straw to help reduce the amount of lemon juice that comes in contact with your teeth. Personally I find that even when I drink with a straw the liquid still hits the back of my teeth, but I guess it has less of a chance hitting other parts of my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

Yes! I've also heard the same thing brightstar. Apparently the acid in the lemon juice can really wear down your tooth enamel over time. It's recommended that if you want to drink lemon juice every morning for your digestion/health that you should dilute it in water and drink it with a straw to help reduce the amount of lemon juice that comes in contact with your teeth. Personally I find that even when I drink with a straw the liquid still hits the back of my teeth, but I guess it has less of a chance hitting other parts of my mouth.
                  I was just thinking the same thing. If I drink through a straw it's not like it just shoots down the back of my throat. I still get the liquid in my mouth. Just not as much on the front of my front teeth. Plus, I'm not sure how you'd drink straight lemon juice through a straw. It would be like drinking a shot through a straw. There's not enough liquid for that to really make sense. People make odd recommendations sometimes. The diluting it with water sounds like it makes sense to me. Probably with slightly warm water to encourage absorption

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

I was just thinking the same thing. If I drink through a straw it's not like it just shoots down the back of my throat. I still get the liquid in my mouth. Just not as much on the front of my front teeth. Plus, I'm not sure how you'd drink straight lemon juice through a straw. It would be like drinking a shot through a straw. There's not enough liquid for that to really make sense. People make odd recommendations sometimes. The diluting it with water sounds like it makes sense to me. Probably with slightly warm water to encourage absorption

Haha, yeah, the idea of drinking a shot of lemon juice with a straw is really a funny image! I never thought about using slightly warm water. That would make a lot of sense!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

Haha, yeah, the idea of drinking a shot of lemon juice with a straw is really a funny image! I never thought about using slightly warm water. That would make a lot of sense!
                      Drinking slightly warm water is actually easier to absorb regardless of whether you drink it plain or you drink it with lemon juice or something else in it. I tried doing it for a while but I don't like the taste of slightly warm water. it's not a nice thing to drink so I end up drinking less water than I usually would. I usually start off with cold water but will continue drinking it even if it's room temperature. Drinking it warmed just isn't as pleasant unless there is a flavor in it. Still though...the straw thing is goofy with the lemon juice shot

Comment

Working...
                      X