Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breakfast - Is it the most important meal of the day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakfast - Is it the most important meal of the day?

Some people believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that it is very important to establishing a good diet for achieving weight loss goals. Do you think eating breakfast matters to dieting or helps you to lose weight?
    I believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day
    40.00%
    I think breakfast is no more important than any other meal
    40.00%
    I skip breakfast
    20.00%

To answer my own question, I don't actually think breakfast is any more important than another other meal. That said, I equally don't believe you should skip it. I believe that what you eat or don't eat in the morning helps you get your day started on the right or wrong track.

Comment

Yes, I think breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you skip it, you'll end up making less healthy food choices throughout the day.

Comment

I know that it's not supposed to be great for you, but I don't typically eat breakfast. To be honest, I haven't really noticed that having much effect on my overall weight loss achievements. I find that every time I try to force myself to eat something when I'm not ready for it, that it actually messes up my eating habits for the rest of the day. When it comes to breakfast, I eat if I'm hungry, otherwise, I just don't.

Comment

Breakfast is the best meal of the day! Dont ever skip it!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post
            To answer my own question, I don't actually think breakfast is any more important than another other meal. That said, I equally don't believe you should skip it. I believe that what you eat or don't eat in the morning helps you get your day started on the right or wrong track.
            I agree with you Freddy. I don't think it is any more important than any other meal, but I also don't think it should be skipped. I personally think it really does set up how the rest of your day is going to go in terms of how and what you'll eat.

Comment

I don't think it has greater or less significance than any other meals. I think breakfast should definitely be eaten but the portion shouldn't be huge. I also think that including fruit with breakfast is a great way to obtain energy at the start of your day

Comment

It gets your metabolism going. It's very important.

Comment

I know a lot of people say it is important, but I don't personally feel it has much effect on me. I eat it when I feel like it, but otherwise, I just skip it altogether. I don't think eating or skipping breakfast has anything to do with how much weight you lose.

Comment

Breakfast is definitely the most important meal of the day! If I don't eat it I don't feel right and I know that I make poor eating choices for the rest of the day because of it. When I don't eat breakfast I find that I consume more sugar and fat.

Comment

I don't think your first meal of the day is any more important than your last. I don't think it should ever be skipped though. Breakfast gives you the energy you need to start your day. I have no idea how people can skip it. I'd be STARVING by lunch if I did that!

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post
                        I don't think your first meal of the day is any more important than your last. I don't think it should ever be skipped though. Breakfast gives you the energy you need to start your day. I have no idea how people can skip it. I'd be STARVING by lunch if I did that!
                        I am in complete agreement with you, TracyK. If I skipped breakfast in the morning I'd die of starvation before I got to lunch. For someone like me who is hungry all the time, I wouldn't say that breakfast is more important than any other meal, but it definitely shouldn't be skipped. After all, the whole point to breakfast is the you BREAK your FAST...as in you've been fasting all night while sleeping. Now that you're awake, you need fuel so you have the energy you need to start your day.

Comment

I think it's just as important as all the other meals...that said, I have heard that it is supposed to be the best meal of the day. I wonder if it actually is. Does anyone know how breakfast is specifically important? And if it is indeed good for weight loss?

Comment

Whenever I eat breakfast, I'm hungrier throughout the rest of the day. I try to eat a big brunch instead of breakfast and lunch. Does that work for anyone else?

Comment

I guess it's only the most important meal if you eat the right foods!

Comment

Working...
                              X