No announcement yet.

How long will it take to get in shape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will it take to get in shape?

I'm going to try 3G Burn and I know that the best way to get the most out of it isn't just with diet but also exercise. That said, I've been a serious couch potato for months now and I'm crazy out of shape. How long will it take for me to get back in shape and how slow should I go? Anyone else in this situation?

It all depends on how fit you are/aren't. Start slow. Slower than you think you probably should. See how that feels. Record what you did and then add a bit next time if you feel you can do it. Record how much you did (reps/minutes/speed/distance, whatever). Remember that discomfort is good, pain is bad. Wait until the next day to decide if the workout was right for you. If you can "feel it" the next day, that's probably good. If you're very stiff and in a lot of pain, you've likely pushed yourself too far and need to tone it down a bit. Remember to give yourself rest time between workouts, so if you work your legs today, work your arms and back and shoulders tomorrow. Using a foam roller or yoga helps you recover faster. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you for weighing in on this brightstar! I appreciate your opinion I'll take what you've said to heart. I really want to do things right this time and I know that means not to rush it. I really did hurt myself the last time I attempted to get in shape too quickly. To make matters worse I'm in my 40's now, so when I hurt myself I don't bounce back as quickly as I used to. Thanks again for the advice

Comment

I hope you do really well with your goals, TroyBurger Getting in shape isn't fast but it's really rewarding. I always let it slide, but when I push myself to do it again, my self confidence goes through the roof. I think I'll use this as my motivation to get back into it again. I need this push. I miss how great it all felt. You can do this, TroyBurger. You've got this.

Comment

Working...
        X