Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much energy do I need for weight loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much energy do I need for weight loss?

So many products say "maximum energy" and all that. I know I need more energy. I'm dragging this year. But how much do I need? Is it measured somehow or something?

Lots! Pretty much the more energy the better until the jitter point. The more powered up and feeling great you feel all day long, the better your workouts, productivity and food choices, right?

Comment

That's a really good question! I guess it would be different for everyone. I don't need much at the start of the day but I need a ton in the afternoon. As long as I don't overdo it and get jittery, I guess as much as I can in the afternoon, but nothing more than the equivalent to a cup of coffee in the morning. If you're not a morning person, I guess it would be the opposite for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
        That's a really good question! I guess it would be different for everyone. I don't need much at the start of the day but I need a ton in the afternoon. As long as I don't overdo it and get jittery, I guess as much as I can in the afternoon, but nothing more than the equivalent to a cup of coffee in the morning. If you're not a morning person, I guess it would be the opposite for you.
        That's true. We all have different energy needs. Good point that we can also decide how much we need based on the time of day.

Comment

I think the answer isn't energy for weight loss as much as what do you need to get through your day and not give up on anything early because you're too tired. Do you get through your day, including your workout, at a good amount of energy? Then you're fine. Do you run out of steam in your workout or in the middle of the afternoon? Do you drag in the morning? You might want a boost until you're not feeling that way anymore.

Comment

The amount of energy you need depends on how you're feeling when compared to the things you want to accomplish in your day. It's the amount of energy you need to do your work, your exercises, make your meals, stop at the store for whatever you need to pick up, drive your car, etc, without being too fatigued.

Comment

Working...
            X