Is an energy drink worse than coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is an energy drink worse than coffee?

I seem to tolerate FenFast well and I've never had trouble with stimulants before. Do you think it would be safer for me to have either a cup of coffee or an energy drink in the day when I want that extra caffeine boost? I know that some people think energy drinks are bad, but are they really that much worse than coffee? I mean, the one mug of coffee I drink actually has more caffeine content compared to a Red Bull, for example. Thoughts?

If you're taking FENFAST 375, I don't think you should be drinking anything else with stimulants in it, even if you don't normally have issues with caffeine. The pill is balanced to give you the best energy levels without making you go through things like jitters that you can get from overdoing it. So you may feel just fine when you're taking it, but that's on purpose. Taking in more caffeine could just make you uncomfortable.
    Are you taking these pills twice a day? You're supposed to take them in the morning and in the afternoon after lunch. That extra top-up should be all you need, shouldn't it?

Comment

If you're just talking on their own and not in combination with diet pills, I'd say go with coffee, not energy drinks. Coffee has caffeine. You know how that works for you. If you want it fast like a shot, back down an espresso. energy drinks have other ingredients like guarana or taurine. They're not necessarily bad or anything, but you're a bit more of your own guinea pig at that point...also (and this is the part I find worse), you'll be drinking sugar or an artificial sweetener, artificial flavorings and a packet of other chemicals that aren't great for you. At least with coffee, you're getting antioxidants!

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
        If you're just talking on their own and not in combination with diet pills, I'd say go with coffee, not energy drinks. Coffee has caffeine. You know how that works for you. If you want it fast like a shot, back down an espresso. energy drinks have other ingredients like guarana or taurine. They're not necessarily bad or anything, but you're a bit more of your own guinea pig at that point...also (and this is the part I find worse), you'll be drinking sugar or an artificial sweetener, artificial flavorings and a packet of other chemicals that aren't great for you. At least with coffee, you're getting antioxidants!
        That's exactly what I think! While I also agree with Bethie that all you should really need is this diet pill without the need for any other caffeine, if you are going to have stimulants, stick with the caffeine beverages you're used to and at a limited amount. Energy drinks do contain those extra ingredients and when you're already taking a diet pill, do you really want to add all that extra stuff to your system? It would likely be best to first assess your tolerance without drinking any other caffeinated beverages.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post

That's exactly what I think! While I also agree with Bethie that all you should really need is this diet pill without the need for any other caffeine, if you are going to have stimulants, stick with the caffeine beverages you're used to and at a limited amount. Energy drinks do contain those extra ingredients and when you're already taking a diet pill, do you really want to add all that extra stuff to your system? It would likely be best to first assess your tolerance without drinking any other caffeinated beverages.
          You're right. That's probably the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
            Thanks! That's actually great advice. I never thought about it that way I think I'll skip energy drinks and first find out what sort of reaction I have to the pills and then maybe I'll add back in a cup of coffee

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post

Thanks! That's actually great advice. I never thought about it that way I think I'll skip energy drinks and first find out what sort of reaction I have to the pills and then maybe I'll add back in a cup of coffee
              I agree. I think you've made a good choice. Energy drinks are fine if you just want to see what it's all about, but otherwise just leave them aside.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

I agree. I think you've made a good choice. Energy drinks are fine if you just want to see what it's all about, but otherwise just leave them aside.
                Definitely! The less stimulants in your body the better

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

Definitely! The less stimulants in your body the better
                  Not to mention the sugars, artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, artificial flavors...

Comment

Working...
                  X