FenFast 375 and Hordenine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FenFast 375 and Hordenine

I know hordenine is one of the ingredients in FenFast 375. I heard that hordenine can give you a false positive on some drug tests. Is this true?

I have to be honest brightstar, I'd never heard of this so I went searching online for the answer and what I found was that apparently it can cause a false positive for opiate drugs in urine tests. If testing positive for opiate drugs is an issues for someone though, I'd imagine hordenine is fine otherwise.

Comment

It is true, but I wouldn't worry about that unless this would be a problem for you, as ChristySmiles said. Still, it's good to know how the things we take effect our bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
        It is true, but I wouldn't worry about that unless this would be a problem for you, as ChristySmiles said. Still, it's good to know how the things we take effect our bodies.
        I agree. It is important to understand how things function within your body but it's also a good idea to know that many drug tests and medical tests will provide false positives even if they have come in contact with something completely unrelated to what they're searching for. Hordenine is obviously not an opiate. So in the circumstance that you ever do have to have a drug test, be sure to tell the tester that you are taking a supplement that contains hordenine. In fact, you might want to bring the bottle with you so you can show them what you mean. That way, they can take note of it then and there, so if anything does happen to register - and that's not every time by the way, just sometimes - you have proof that you weren't doing anything dubious.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

I agree. It is important to understand how things function within your body but it's also a good idea to know that many drug tests and medical tests will provide false positives even if they have come in contact with something completely unrelated to what they're searching for. Hordenine is obviously not an opiate. So in the circumstance that you ever do have to have a drug test, be sure to tell the tester that you are taking a supplement that contains hordenine. In fact, you might want to bring the bottle with you so you can show them what you mean. That way, they can take note of it then and there, so if anything does happen to register - and that's not every time by the way, just sometimes - you have proof that you weren't doing anything dubious.

That's a really good point enviroTodd and a good idea. I've actually gotten into the habit of taking all supplements and prescription medications that I take to all my doctor's appointments that way the doctor can see exactly what I'm taking and it eliminates all the guess work for me when I can't remember things about the stuff I"m taking when he asks me a question about it haha. In fact, one time when he saw the medication I was taking he actually told me that I should be taking the brand name drug and not the generic one that I was taking because it didn't work as well! If I hadn't brought the drug with me I would have been none the wiser!

Comment

That's a really good point enviroTodd and a good idea. I've actually gotten into the habit of taking all supplements and prescription medications that I take to all my doctor's appointments that way the doctor can see exactly what I'm taking and it eliminates all the guess work for me when I can't remember things about the stuff I"m taking when he asks me a question about it haha. In fact, one time when he saw the medication I was taking he actually told me that I should be taking the brand name drug and not the generic one that I was taking because it didn't work as well! If I hadn't brought the drug with me I would have been none the wiser!
            That's a good idea, BabyButtons. If you just bring it all with you then you can discuss when you take them, how often, and the doc can know exactly what you have instead of just trying to guess at a brand or amount. It's actually more easy to just chuck any bottles of things into a bag and bring it along than it is to write everything out. I tried just taking a pic of the supplements I'm taking on my cell phone once and thought I was pretty smart for that, but it would have been better if I'd just brought the bottles because my doctor wanted more details about the product that weren't showing in the photo. Fortunately we were able to look it up online

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

That's a good idea, BabyButtons. If you just bring it all with you then you can discuss when you take them, how often, and the doc can know exactly what you have instead of just trying to guess at a brand or amount. It's actually more easy to just chuck any bottles of things into a bag and bring it along than it is to write everything out. I tried just taking a pic of the supplements I'm taking on my cell phone once and thought I was pretty smart for that, but it would have been better if I'd just brought the bottles because my doctor wanted more details about the product that weren't showing in the photo. Fortunately we were able to look it up online

Yeah, it's so easy to just take all the stuff with you. Just grab and go That said, taking a picture is also pretty smart. Maybe taking a picture of the front and back? That would be really handy to have in your phone for lots of reasons beyond just showing your doctor.

Comment

Yeah, it's so easy to just take all the stuff with you. Just grab and go That said, taking a picture is also pretty smart. Maybe taking a picture of the front and back? That would be really handy to have in your phone for lots of reasons beyond just showing your doctor.
                That's very true. For a while I was taking a lot of supplements so that would have meant that I'd be carrying around a lot of pics of fronts and backs of bottles in my phone, but then again that's a lot better than either trying to remember it all or having to bring the bottles with me everywhere i went so I think it'd still be worth it as a backup. I still think I'll bring the bottles themselves the next time I have a doctor visit but it'll be handy to have the info about anything I'm taking tucked into my phone. In fact, that might not be a bad idea anyway in case of emergency if I ever have to show someone what I'm taking I can just call it up on my phone. I'm way more likely to have a phone on me than a list of things.

Comment

Working...
                X