NeOpuntia as a diet pill ingredient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NeOpuntia as a diet pill ingredient

Are NeOpuntia and prickly pear the exact same thing or does the brand name version of it have something special added in for diet pills?

I think it is the same thing. I think what makes it different is probably how it's manufactured and the precise quantity of prickly pear used to make it. At least that's my guess.

Comment

That makes sense, TracyK . I guess there's a big difference between a substance and how it was actually made and prepared. After all, are all cheeses the same thing? Are all apples? They're technically the same thing but slight differences along the way make them completely different by the time they reach you.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
        That makes sense, TracyK . I guess there's a big difference between a substance and how it was actually made and prepared. After all, are all cheeses the same thing? Are all apples? They're technically the same thing but slight differences along the way make them completely different by the time they reach you.
        It's true. Also, I think NeOpuntia has actually been studied, which also makes it different from just taking any old product that contains prickly pear.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
          Thanks brightstar that's exactly how I think of it! It's strange because you wouldn't think that the same ingredient could produce different effects but it really can depending on what it's paired with and how much of it is used and the form that it's in...or whether or not it's still fresh, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post

Thanks brightstar that's exactly how I think of it! It's strange because you wouldn't think that the same ingredient could produce different effects but it really can depending on what it's paired with and how much of it is used and the form that it's in...or whether or not it's still fresh, etc.
            That's exactly it! There are a lot of factors that need to be considered.

Comment

Working...
            X