Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is weight loss safe for the immune system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is weight loss safe for the immune system?

Should we keep losing weight even if we want to keep our immune systems strong? Will losing weight help us or weaken us?

You should keep losing weight if it's for health reasons. Like, if you are overweight or if your on the higher side of your normal BMI and you would like to lose a few pounds, go for it. Your immune system should be 100% fine as long as you continue to eat a balanced diet that is rich in whole foods (fresh fruits and veggies), you drink adequate water and you get proper rest.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'm just not sure about anything these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        Ok, thanks. I'm just not sure about anything these days.
        I know what you mean! The longer this self-isolation thing goes on, the more I feel like I'm Alice in Wonderland where up is down and left is right. My confidence is really rattled.

Comment

Originally posted by TeensyTiff View Post

I know what you mean! The longer this self-isolation thing goes on, the more I feel like I'm Alice in Wonderland where up is down and left is right. My confidence is really rattled.
          It does feel that way. Too bad we couldn't find some of that food that makes us shrink. I could use a crumb of that right now...or two.

Comment

Right now I wouldn't worry too much about your weight. I would concentrate more on doing what makes you feel happy. If that's losing weight, then lose it. If that's giving up on weight loss for awhile, do that. Focus on your health, including your mental health.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
              Right now I wouldn't worry too much about your weight. I would concentrate more on doing what makes you feel happy. If that's losing weight, then lose it. If that's giving up on weight loss for awhile, do that. Focus on your health, including your mental health.
              I agree! Don't give up on all nutrition rules. Still try to take care of yourself. But give yourself a break with restrictions. We're all feeling restricted enough with everything going on. Cutting ourselves off from the few things where there is some flexibility and fun in life won't do anything for mental health. Then, it's more likely that we'd give up on weight loss anyway but in a damaging way.

Comment

Working...
              X