Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good free online diet I can use in combination with phenblue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good free online diet I can use in combination with phenblue?

My current diet that I'm using with PhenBlue isn't the best one. I'd like to try something new but I don't want to buy a book or pay for a program. Does anyone know of a good e-diet that I can follow that's free and not ridiculous? Thanks!

I personally like diets that are based on the LCHF principle (low carb high fat). It trains your body to burn fat. Just make sure that the fat calories you're eating are from healthy fats, not just fried foods!

Comment

Sparkpeople is great. It has awesome resources all for free. You get more out of it if you buy their tracker or if you use a fitbit (which also works with their system) but it's great even without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
        I personally like diets that are based on the LCHF principle (low carb high fat). It trains your body to burn fat. Just make sure that the fat calories you're eating are from healthy fats, not just fried foods!

Interesting. And you've had a lot of success with this kind of diet Bethie? I'm only asking because I'm looking to try something new and I'm tired of coming across diets that are too extreme to be of any practical use.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Interesting. And you've had a lot of success with this kind of diet Bethie? I'm only asking because I'm looking to try something new and I'm tired of coming across diets that are too extreme to be of any practical use.
          I've heard of a lot of people finding that diet really helpful. I personally don't find that it works for me. It's too hard to keep calories under control when eating that much more fat than usual. It's not a huge amount of extra fat but it means that the quantity of food that you can have is less within the calorie limit.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post

I've heard of a lot of people finding that diet really helpful. I personally don't find that it works for me. It's too hard to keep calories under control when eating that much more fat than usual. It's not a huge amount of extra fat but it means that the quantity of food that you can have is less within the calorie limit.

I have to agree with your KittyKatt. I gave it a try for about a week and just gave it up today. It's really not for me. I'm really find for me that the bet dieting method is to limit my portions and to learn to just say no to "seconds" and to stop snacking on junk when I'm watching TV. It's still hard to do, but at least I'm not forcing myself to eat in a heavily restricted way or following some kind of crazy plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
              I have to agree with your KittyKatt. I gave it a try for about a week and just gave it up today. It's really not for me. I'm really find for me that the bet dieting method is to limit my portions and to learn to just say no to "seconds" and to stop snacking on junk when I'm watching TV. It's still hard to do, but at least I'm not forcing myself to eat in a heavily restricted way or following some kind of crazy plan.
              I never really thought about it in that way, KittyKatt and Speedemon. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I just automatically believed that it made sense. I think that it does make sense on paper, but when it comes to actually trying to make it work in real life, I can now see that there would be some struggles in there that I didn’t expect.

Comment

Working...
              X