Are capsules better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are capsules better?

I have a question regarding different diet pill forms. I know that PhenBlue is a capsule, but TrimThin and FenFast are tablets (I believe). What is the difference between a capsule and a tablet aside from the obvious appearance and manufacturing differences. Does one work better than another? Why make a capsule instead of a tablet or vice versa. Does anyone know?

As far as I can tell, they are essentially the same thing. I think it's possible for tablets to be made smaller because they are compressed more than capsules. So they need less space to do the same thing. Capsules fill up an outer shell casing. They sometimes have a "loose powder" kind of way about them instead of being pressed into the shape. So because they're not as compact, they're larger to do the same job. THat said, I'm also under the impression that it's easier for the capsule casing to open up in the stomach to release all the powder inside. Tablets need the stomach to break them down all the way through the whole pill. They'd have a greater risk of being partially undigested in my opinion. At the same time, Trimthin and fenfast are so small that they wouldn't take long for a person's stomach to break down.

Comment

I like capsules more because they seem more high tech for some reason haha

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
        As far as I can tell, they are essentially the same thing. I think it's possible for tablets to be made smaller because they are compressed more than capsules. So they need less space to do the same thing. Capsules fill up an outer shell casing. They sometimes have a "loose powder" kind of way about them instead of being pressed into the shape. So because they're not as compact, they're larger to do the same job. THat said, I'm also under the impression that it's easier for the capsule casing to open up in the stomach to release all the powder inside. Tablets need the stomach to break them down all the way through the whole pill. They'd have a greater risk of being partially undigested in my opinion. At the same time, Trimthin and fenfast are so small that they wouldn't take long for a person's stomach to break down.

I agree with eT on this one. They're the same in my opinion. I don't think I've ever found one to work better than the other. That being said, I do find that capsules - for the most part - are easier to swallow, so I tend to prefer those best. I also like that you can't break them apart. Sometimes when I take tablets I'm tempted to split them, even when you're not suppose to. You can't do that with capsules.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

I agree with eT on this one. They're the same in my opinion. I don't think I've ever found one to work better than the other. That being said, I do find that capsules - for the most part - are easier to swallow, so I tend to prefer those best. I also like that you can't break them apart. Sometimes when I take tablets I'm tempted to split them, even when you're not suppose to. You can't do that with capsules.
          funny. I find tablets easier to swallow

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

Thank you for explaining all that out enviroTodd! I feel like I learned a lot. That makes a lot of sense. I've always thought that capsules work better but it makes sense that they typically do the same thing.

Comment

Working...
            X