Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the caffeine anhydrous in Phenblue the same as coffee caffeine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the caffeine anhydrous in Phenblue the same as coffee caffeine?

Alright, this may sound like an idiot question but I’m going to ask it anyway because there has to be at least one more idiot like me out there who is wondering this so I’ll help him out too

I was reading over the ingredients in Phenblue after reading a post that said that it contains caffeine, but what the ingredients list actually says is “caffeine anhydrous”. Is that the same thing? Is that just the full name or a fancy name for the same stuff that is in coffee, tea, soda and chocolate, or is it something else that has a name that makes it sound similar?

Anyone know this? Thanks for humoring me.

Yes, they are exactly the same. The only difference is that caffeine anhydrous is dehydrate caffeine. It's a powder instead of a liquid form, essentially it's caffeine without water. They may look different but coffee caffeine and caffeine anhydrous are chemically the same. Good question

Comment

TeensyTiff. Wow, I wish you were my chemistry teacher in high school. I might have passed haha. Do you know if they have exactly the same effects and side effects?

Comment

Hahaha, you probably wouldn't say that if you actually had me try to teach you chemistry, Bruce! As far as I know, they do produce the same side effects, which does make sense since they are the same thing. So they can both, on the plus side, suppress your appetite, and on the negative side, can cause sleeplessness/insomnia. That said, drinking two cups of coffee per day and taking two phenblue tablets per day will not produce the same effects. The reason is because the dose of caffeine isn't the same. Caffeine anhydrous provides a standard dose of caffeine (the amount in each pill remains the same) while caffeine in liquid beverages varies based on brewing methods, the amount of water used, and so on. Hope that makes sense

Comment

Wow, TeensyTiff, Bruce is right. You've explained that out really great! I am a complete dope with this kind of thing but I can get it when you put it like that. I should ask you to explain a lot of other things when I'm unsure. How are you with math? LOL Do you happen to know how long the effects continue to work with that ingredient in Phenblue? I have been using it and so far I don't have a problem, but I've been taking it first thing in the morning and before lunch. I'm just wondering what would happen if I ate a late lunch. Do you happen to know that?

Comment

Haha, thank you PamelaPoison. I'm glad to be able to explain it in a way that makes sense. Ouu math...I'm good with the small stuff. You know, 1+1 = 2 that sort of thing lol. As for how long the effects last for me. It's about threeish hours. If I don't eat lunch around my usual time, I start to feel hungry. It may be different for you. I say give it a try and see what happens

Comment

Three hours is a pretty good length of time. By that point you're already going to eat a meal anyway, or at least have a little bit of a snack to tide you over. There's nothing wrong with being a little bit hungry. It's the starving feeling that is bad.

Comment

2Strikes, it is a pretty good length of time. It really works for me. I agree with you that it's not feeling hungry that you can't deal with, it is the starving feeling.

Comment

Working...
                X