Positive plans for summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive plans for summer

I was wondering what everyone is doing this summer to stay positive? I know the pandemic has changed a lot of our lives and what we would usually be doing. I've decided I'm going to start biking, both because I haven't done it in years and because I think it would be a great exercise to do while taking TrimThin. Doe anyone else have fun plans or activities?

I'm finding it a bit tough to avoid trying to plan going to things like festivals I've attended every year for as long as I can remember, but they're cancelled. So I try to focus on things that are a lot more local...like inside my home local haha. Growing plants has become a big thing. The farmer's market may as well be a theme park for me I get so excited each week haha. It's only tiny but it's so nice to shop directly from a person. I get stressed out at the grocery store. Everything feels angry or tense. So I just give people space and take my time supporting local growers and producers. Instead of thinking long-term, I tend to think of "today", "this week" or "this weekend". Nothing beyond that. The uncertainty causes me strain. The shorter-term I think, the more accessible it all is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
      I'm finding it a bit tough to avoid trying to plan going to things like festivals I've attended every year for as long as I can remember, but they're cancelled. So I try to focus on things that are a lot more local...like inside my home local haha. Growing plants has become a big thing. The farmer's market may as well be a theme park for me I get so excited each week haha. It's only tiny but it's so nice to shop directly from a person. I get stressed out at the grocery store. Everything feels angry or tense. So I just give people space and take my time supporting local growers and producers. Instead of thinking long-term, I tend to think of "today", "this week" or "this weekend". Nothing beyond that. The uncertainty causes me strain. The shorter-term I think, the more accessible it all is.
      I'm with you Bethie. It's too hard to "plan" anything. Things are still way too up in the air and all we see is that every time businesses plan their reopening, things are always delayed or shut down again because of new infection spikes. It really is a take it one day at a time society right now. It's way easier to stay positive when you only pay attention to what's right in front of you and not what's up in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

I'm with you Bethie. It's too hard to "plan" anything. Things are still way too up in the air and all we see is that every time businesses plan their reopening, things are always delayed or shut down again because of new infection spikes. It really is a take it one day at a time society right now. It's way easier to stay positive when you only pay attention to what's right in front of you and not what's up in the air.
        Exactly. Right now, I find I really am happiest when I just stay at home and focus on doing things that I've wanted to do for a while. It isn't the same as going to festivals and gatherings, but it gives me a sense of accomplishment and helps me to like my home a little more each time. I'm just letting myself enjoy that right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

Exactly. Right now, I find I really am happiest when I just stay at home and focus on doing things that I've wanted to do for a while. It isn't the same as going to festivals and gatherings, but it gives me a sense of accomplishment and helps me to like my home a little more each time. I'm just letting myself enjoy that right now.
          Yup. Whatever keeps you happy is a good thing. I've been doing a lot more gardening, which isn't something I typically enjoy, but this year I'm liking it. It's a new sense of purpose for me

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Yup. Whatever keeps you happy is a good thing. I've been doing a lot more gardening, which isn't something I typically enjoy, but this year I'm liking it. It's a new sense of purpose for me
            I feel the same way about my home cooking and housekeeping, too. Suddenly I'm interested in my home and all these wholesome things I never had time for before. It's a lifestyle I find a lot calmer. My future will definitely be different even if the world ever does have a "back to normal". Thinking back, my old normal had a lot of things in it that I don't want to bring back. I'm going to defend my own time and feel justified in it. I just can't be on the go for every single minute anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post

I feel the same way about my home cooking and housekeeping, too. Suddenly I'm interested in my home and all these wholesome things I never had time for before. It's a lifestyle I find a lot calmer. My future will definitely be different even if the world ever does have a "back to normal". Thinking back, my old normal had a lot of things in it that I don't want to bring back. I'm going to defend my own time and feel justified in it. I just can't be on the go for every single minute anymore.
              Makes perfect sense to me. I've also spent the past couple of months getting my house in order and gardening and I've enjoyed it a lot. I feel as you do ChefMel, even when things go back to another new normal, I don't want to be on the go all the time either. While right now does really suck, at the same time, it's been nice having more time to myself and enjoying simpler things.

Comment

Working...
              X