Is 30 minutes of exercise a day enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 30 minutes of exercise a day enough

I've altered my diet and feel like I'm on track with calories now. Will 30 days of exercise, like taking a 30 minute walk daily be enough to help me lose more weight with TrimThin?

Originally posted by TeensyTiff View Post
    I've altered my diet and feel like I'm on track with calories now. Will 30 days of exercise, like taking a 30 minute walk daily be enough to help me lose more weight with TrimThin?
    If you hadn't been exercising at all, ya, it could probably help. STill, you'll be better off if you mix it up. If you walk most days, but devote one day to some strength training, even if it's light. Also, give at least one day to balance/flexibility exercises. It will help you to prevent injury in all your other workouts and will help you to make sure you're accessing more of your body. The odds are that you're hitting only certain muscles and using your joints in only very specific ways if all you're doing is walking. All the rest is staying unused. A walk is a good foundation, but build from there and then you'll really be where you want to be.

Comment

I agree with brightstar said. Walking 30 minutes a day is a good place to start, but some strength training is good, too. Honestly, if you want to use exercise to your advantage for weight loss, you might want to find different exercises to do beyond walking and get more than 30 minutes whenever possible. Also, make sure that if the bare minimum you're going to do is 30 minutes of walking daily, be sure to make that walk count and make it as brisk as possible.

Comment

As long as you switch up what you're doing 30 minutes is exactly enough 5 times per week.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
          I agree with brightstar said. Walking 30 minutes a day is a good place to start, but some strength training is good, too. Honestly, if you want to use exercise to your advantage for weight loss, you might want to find different exercises to do beyond walking and get more than 30 minutes whenever possible. Also, make sure that if the bare minimum you're going to do is 30 minutes of walking daily, be sure to make that walk count and make it as brisk as possible.
          Good point. It's not just a matter of a stroll LOL. I once read that if you do the same walk every day, you should do it backward half the time because the sidewalk leans and over time you'll hurt your knees/hips from always having the same steps. I wonder if that's true.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            As long as you switch up what you're doing 30 minutes is exactly enough 5 times per week.
            Thanks!

brightstar, hahah! I've never heard of walking backwards. I'd be too scared to do that...I would be certain I'd fall down LOL. I guess you could hurt yourself from doing the same steps over and over...I guess that's why switching up exercise is important

Comment

Working...
            X