Thermogenesis - Fact or BS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermogenesis - Fact or BS?

I gotta say, I'm getting tired of so many diet pills claiming that they are thermogenics. What I want to know is that is there such a thing as thermogenesis and if it does, in fact, exist, does it actually work as people claim and can it help you to lose weight.

I’ve been asking myself the same thing. I think that it’s something real but it all depends on the way that you use it. If you boost thermogenesis and sit around, you won’t get much benefit at all. But if you exercise with it, it’ll increase the fat burning you get out of it. But you really have to pay attention to your body temperature and your hydration. Thermogenesis that is powerful enough to increase your fat burning can make you overheat very easily and can cause you to dehydrate. It can be dangerous unless you drink lots of water and take it easy.

Comment

I'm not really sure. I can't seem to find something that proves that thermogenesis does or does not work. Maybe it's still up in the air. Definitely controversial.

Comment

I think it exists and I think it does what people claim in terms of burning energy to increase temperature in your body, but whether or not this process offers any real value to those seeking weight loss is highly debatable in my opinion. Mostly, I think it's just something manufacturers use to market their products.

Comment

I think it's all in how you use it. It helps people who exercise effectively. Does it help enough to make a difference on the scale? I have no idea. I think it's one of those "every little bit counts" things.

Comment

That's interesting. Based on all of your responses, it sounds to me like it's fact mixed with a bit of BS hahaha. So it does exist, but essentially whether or not it is beneficial to weight loss is another story.

Ken Traver I think I'll adopt your attitude on this one: "every little bit counts" As long as its not hindering, meh, why not give it a try!

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
              That's interesting. Based on all of your responses, it sounds to me like it's fact mixed with a bit of BS hahaha.
              That is the way it sounds! I guess it's all a matter of perspective

Comment

Working...
              X