Are all fat burners thermogenics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are all fat burners thermogenics?

I know that thermogenics can help you burn fat by using stored body fat as fuel to heat up the body but what I'm curious about is are there other types of fat burners than thermogenics? If so, how do the other fat burners work to help you burn fat?

I think thermogenics must be the only type of fat burner because both stimulants and other types of fat burners like chili peppers (capsicum) function through thermogenesis if I'm not mistaken. I think they have different degrees of effect and they also work for different lengths of time. So some will be intense for a short period of time while others will be more gradual and longer. There are many different types of fat burners but I feel that all of them essentially work in the same way when it all comes down to it. Even stimulant and non stimulant ones lead to thermogenesis when all is said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
      I think thermogenics must be the only type of fat burner because both stimulants and other types of fat burners like chili peppers (capsicum) function through thermogenesis if I'm not mistaken. I think they have different degrees of effect and they also work for different lengths of time. So some will be intense for a short period of time while others will be more gradual and longer. There are many different types of fat burners but I feel that all of them essentially work in the same way when it all comes down to it. Even stimulant and non stimulant ones lead to thermogenesis when all is said and done.

I agree with enviroTodd. I think that all fat burners work as thermogenics, too. I mean when you think about it, it's called fat BURNING...and to burn something it's got to get hot, right? haha! Also, to really shed the fat you need to exercise and primarily engage in cardio exercise which gets your blood pumping and works up heat in your body. Usually after a really good cardio workout you're sweating. So while you can sit still or sleep and burn some calories, to burn actual fat that leads to any real weight loss results, you need to activate thermogenesis.

Comment

How would you find this out for sure? I can't seem to find it on Google. I guess talking to a pharmacist would do it. It does sound like thermogenesis is the way it's done though.

Comment

Originally posted by 2strikes View Post
          How would you find this out for sure? I can't seem to find it on Google. I guess talking to a pharmacist would do it. It does sound like thermogenesis is the way it's done though.

That's exactly what I'm wondering 2Strikes. I mean it makes a lot of sense what enviroTodd and BabyButtons said, but I can't imagine that it's only boosting your body temperature that burns fat...I mean we do technically burn calories while we sleep and sit down right? Is that theremogenesis too? I mean, I guess it's possible that there are different degrees of it. Still, if it is just thermogenesis that does it, why isn't every fat burner on the market claiming to be a thermogenic?

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Greenfairy View Post

That's exactly what I'm wondering 2Strikes. I mean it makes a lot of sense what enviroTodd and BabyButtons said, but I can't imagine that it's only boosting your body temperature that burns fat...I mean we do technically burn calories while we sleep and sit down right? Is that theremogenesis too? I mean, I guess it's possible that there are different degrees of it. Still, if it is just thermogenesis that does it, why isn't every fat burner on the market claiming to be a thermogenic?

Thermogenics are not the only fat burners, they are only one kind. Fat burners can also be in the form of energy boosters and metabolism enhancers and possibly something else that I'm not remember. Point is, there is more than one type of fat burner. That being said, regardless of the type they only work at their best when they are combined with physical activity. They don't really burn much fat otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyBurger View Post

Thermogenics are not the only fat burners, they are only one kind. Fat burners can also be in the form of energy boosters and metabolism enhancers and possibly something else that I'm not remember. Point is, there is more than one type of fat burner. That being said, regardless of the type they only work at their best when they are combined with physical activity. They don't really burn much fat otherwise.
              What other types of fat burners are there? I've only ever heard of thermogenics, but to be honest, I don't know much about them. Other than that, what other forms are there?

Comment

Working...
              X