Loose Skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose Skin

Hey guys! Glad the form is back up! Got a favor to ask of you guys. My friend is really worried that she’s going to have to get surgery if she loses too much weight. She’s worried about hanging, lose skin that won’t shrink back. I’ve given her a few tips but I think she’s long past listening to me. Do you guy have any tips you can share to help ease her mind so I can pass them along. I would really appreciate that!

She might not be able to avoid having loose skin, but she may be able to reduce the risk and amount of it by gradually losing weight instead of losing a whole bunch of weight all at once. Also strength training is a must to help build muscle, which also helps with the appearance of lose skin.

Comment

She may need surgery if she loses a huge amount of weight quickly. That said, it's not a surgery as much as an outpatient procedure. If she loses weight gradually and takes great care of her skin, she may be able to avoid it if she's not losing like a hundred pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobby View Post
        She may need surgery if she loses a huge amount of weight quickly. That said, it's not a surgery as much as an outpatient procedure. If she loses weight gradually and takes great care of her skin, she may be able to avoid it if she's not losing like a hundred pounds.
        Thanks! That's what I've been telling her. She needs to lose like 50 pounds but she wants to do it quickly (understandably so) but I'm trying to get it through her head that gradually is better for her for a lot of reasons. I'm hoping she listens.

Comment

With 50 pounds to lose, I can see why she wants to get it going and over with, but BabyButtons is right. Rushing it won't do her any good. Gradually losing will help her to make sure the weight stays off, it's gone in a healthier way, and she won't have as many unexpected and unwanted weight loss side effects. Gradual weight loss and taking care of her skin is the way to go. Using natural products and healthy foods will only make it easier.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
            With 50 pounds to lose, I can see why she wants to get it going and over with, but BabyButtons is right. Rushing it won't do her any good. Gradually losing will help her to make sure the weight stays off, it's gone in a healthier way, and she won't have as many unexpected and unwanted weight loss side effects. Gradual weight loss and taking care of her skin is the way to go. Using natural products and healthy foods will only make it easier.
            Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. You should be a weight loss doc

Comment

If you give yourself a ton of time and really take good care of your skin, it will eventually return. You will likely have stretch marks, so use stretch mark oil to minimize that. But unless you're losing like a hundred pounds or more, you'll likely eventually return your skin over time. It takes a lot of patience, though. Especially when all you want to do is look good after all that hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
                If you give yourself a ton of time and really take good care of your skin, it will eventually return. You will likely have stretch marks, so use stretch mark oil to minimize that. But unless you're losing like a hundred pounds or more, you'll likely eventually return your skin over time. It takes a lot of patience, though. Especially when all you want to do is look good after all that hard work.
                I think it's the patience thing she's going to struggle with. She really keen to lose the weight fast and she's not much into strength training. I've been telling her she needs to work on building muscle, not just losing the weight *sigh* we'll see what happens. Thanks everyone for your opinions and support!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

I think it's the patience thing she's going to struggle with. She really keen to lose the weight fast and she's not much into strength training. I've been telling her she needs to work on building muscle, not just losing the weight *sigh* we'll see what happens. Thanks everyone for your opinions and support!
                  Patience is harder than any other thing when it comes to reaching a goal. All the hard work is hard, but the patience to wait out the benefits, that's the tough part.

Comment

Working...
                  X