How do you take a good picture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you take a good picture?

I saw that the previous post about this topic answered the question when is the best time to take a photo, but what I'd like to know is what is the best way to take a picture? Should you stand in front of a mirror and take the photo yourself, or should have someone else do it? Should you only take a front shot or should you do a side and back shot as well? Essentially, what is the best way to take a picture that will really show you are making progress and is honest. I hear that a camera can add 10 pounds, so how do you make sure the pounds are yours and not added by the camera?

If you can have someone else do it, that would be best. If you can't do it you could take a photo of your reflection in the mirror or if you can manage to set up your camera on a timer, that could work too. There really isn't any way to get rid of the extra 10 pounds of "camera fat". You likely won't like the way you look in the photo, but that's not what taking these photos is about. Don't worry about taking a good picture, but an honest one. Each time you take a picture to measure your progress make sure everything is the same. Always wear the same clothes (it's best to take photos in your underwear), at the same time of day (so the same lighting) and in the same environment. Don't smile in the photos either. The more you keep the same, the easier it will be for you to spot the weight loss.

Comment

Thanks for the info Janet

Comment

Make sure that you record the date on each picture and your weight, too!

Comment

Good tips Janet. Thanks. That's another good point Whirlybird

Comment

I had no idea that just taking a picture of myself to measure weight loss could be so complicated ha ha! All of these tips make a lot of sense, it's just that most of them never would have dawned on me. I guess it's true when they say that everything is complicated, these days, and there's nothing left that is just simple and easy

Comment

Working...
            X