Measurements question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measurements question

Hi everyone. In addition to take before and after photos to measure your weight loss progress, I was wondering how to take the most effective measurements (with an actual tape measure) to keep track of the weight I’m losing. Pictures only tell you so much and I want another measurement in addition to the scale. Where should I measure? My waist, hips, bust...or somewhere else? Thanks in advance.

I would measure wherever you feel that you have extra fat. So waist, hips, bum, biceps, thighs...that sort of thing

Comment

I agree with Bonnie. Measure the parts of you where you want to see fat loss.

Comment

Honestly, I would just concentrate on measuring your bust, waist and hips. This will give a good idea of how much weight you are losing and also help to accurately determine your clothing size, so when you do lose weight, you'll have an idea of what you'll fit into.

Comment

If there is a place that you feel is too large and you want to see if you have made progress in that area, then measure it. There is no point in measuring an area if you don't care whether or not it has become any smaller. You might find that your arm size shrinks a little bit, but if your arms have never been a real concern, then there is no use going through the effort and tracking that part of you. That said, it doesn't hurt to measure as many parts of you as you would like. As long as you are consistent about your recordings, you might be interesting in the progress you witness and you might find that it will motivate you to continue forward with your efforts.

Comment

I never find that my measurements come out accurate when I do it myself. So a little tip that I would like to share is that you should see if you can get someone else to do it for you.

Comment

Thank you all for you opinions and advice. I think I'll stick to measuring my waist, hips and thighs. That's where I want to see most of the weight loss happen.

Bethie - If I can't seem to get accurate measurements myself that's a good tip you gave that I'll definitely put into practice.

Comment

Working...
              X