Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to take an accurate photo without the camera adding on ten pounds??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to take an accurate photo without the camera adding on ten pounds??

One of the things I've always disliked about photos of myself is I always look fatter in pictures than I feel I do in real life. It's like a look at the camera and my face blows up like a balloon or I suddenly look like I've got an extra tire around my middle! Is there a way to take a photo that looks like my actual size? I'd like to take accurate before & after photos, but as it stands now I don't feel they'd be much help. Is it my camera or my mirror that's lying to me?? Help!

It could be both your camera and your mirror. Some mirrors make you look longer and thinner and yes the camera can really make you look big, depending on the angle the picture is taken. I have found that when a picture is taken of me head on I look like I no longer have a neck and six chins! I have found when a picture is taken of me with the camera angled down and slightly above me may face has more definition and the extra chins disappear LOL. However, other than that, what you see is what you get with a camera. Even if it adds 10 pounds you can still use it for before and after photos because you will still see the weight loss difference.

Comment

Some people take good pictures and some don't. If you are taking pictures for weight loss and you don't like how your face looks in photos, take the pictures from the neck down. It's really only your body that matters anyway. You can pretty much guarantee if you are losing weight everywhere else, you are losing it in your face too.

Comment

Have you tried using a camera/phone feature that lets you set it down and step away from it. You might find that you can take a better picture of yourself using a timer than taking the photo in the mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
          Have you tried using a camera/phone feature that lets you set it down and step away from it. You might find that you can take a better picture of yourself using a timer than taking the photo in the mirror.
          I never thought of doing that! Thank you for the tip, Bonnie I'll give that a try today. I've never really used the camera on my phone before. Now might be a good time to give it a try hahaha.

Comment

Working...
          X